HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How Realistic Can You Be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I think that its great when you're so into character and really transform yourself from toes to nose that the public has trouble making themselves believe that you're jsut an actor. I debuted my new character this season and it was so good to hear from patrons trying to run from me saying "oh my god shes so friggin creepy" or "holy shit she's like the realest one."

I think the trick is to create your character and never leave a stone unturned. From the movements of your fingertips to the way you blink your eyes to how you move and speak. I think the key to realisim is to really get into someones psyce that this is who you are and that they should with good reason be afraid of you. You have to look at them and force them to believe in you and the character you are.

Odette
    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

2. Default  
    I still think the actor must always play it by ear. If you go all out every single time it wont be special to the actor themself and if your not motivated to do that special all out blast then your acting is gonna suffer. Or i could just be bloing smoke out my butt rite now cuz im tired.

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Maybe it's just my face? Maybe it's more???
    "Evil Persona?" Projecting it how?
    I have scared and upset numerous people without even trying, without realising it and all when I was harboring no ill-will towards anyone.
    (I'm talking long before any haunted house, back when I was in high school)
    Gotta go with one's natural "Gifts", I guess, it makes at least that part of your life easier! hahahaha!
    But then one of the early symptoms of Parkinson's diesease is when people think you are mad at them because of your facial expressions yet you aren't mad at all, runaway face?
    This sounds silly but I did read this many years ago, it caught my attention because my Grandmother had Parkinsons.
    Maybe I read this in a tabloid?
    They write anything just to use up the ink.

4. Default Trained acting 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    Does it matter?
    Realistic on what level? As a character or do you get to blurr the line and seem to be a real person, thereby being even scarier when you get mentally off-center?
    Do customers ever ask you or other actors if you have ever been trained as an "actor"?
    Do you get enough time in your haunted venue to act the way that you would want to act, as far as time or the best situational opportunitys?
    I've never been asked if I was trained, although I have been asked how much I get paid on numerous occasions. I usually dismiss these questions with either a comedic comeback, or just charging into a scare.

5. Default A possible reply 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    to the question they ask you, "What do you get paid?"
    "I get paid in pieces of 8! A few minutes ago I slowed down and could only eat 7 pieces of that shorter woman who came in just before you."
    Then act like you are going to puke on them! Some Fun!
    I think playing with words Ate/eight can catch them off guard, makes them think and with that terrible distraction working for you, you can scare them better!

6. Default  
    "How much do you get payed for this job?"
    My reply "out of character"
    "We dont this is community service, we are all convicted felons! The security is here for YOUR protection not ours!"
    At this point my hand drops to my side rapidly like i have a weapon of some sort in my pocket. Along with a crazed laugh this usually suffices.
    But i have been asked before. Just because of my master of the characters i played. Which in truth i did have a lot of formal drama teaching because i used to be a huge Musical buff. So its trained my voice and my acting ability.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
    "How much do you get payed for this job?"
    My reply "out of character"
    "We dont this is community service, we are all convicted felons! The security is here for YOUR protection not ours!"
    That is killeer. I'd use that line if my charachter talked. As a pig I stick to disturbing grunts until I see the look of horror when they turn then I hit with the squeals

8. Default  
    Every actor responds to areas in a different way. During the 2007 season, I worked in a "Scare Zone" that had several different types of characters. We had some that talked to people, some that chased, some that were completely wacked out, some who were sliders, and some that did a little of all. Some of them stayed that way all season, while others changed each night.

I think having the variety makes for a better haunt and gives it a touch of realism.

Thread Information