HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What happened to the haunts that had problems with Scarefactory?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    The Scarefactory sent a letter to all of it's customers describing their new business model which is supposed to alleviate the problems that occurred in 2007.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

2. Default  
    I haven't received anything myself. How was it sent out? SF never asks for email addresses when ordering....

Allan
    Last edited by MDKing; 01-13-2008 at 08:44 AM.

3. Default  
    It was sent via snail mail.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

4. Default  
    I did not receive a letter either. Could someone post it.

5. Default  
    I also received NO SUCH LETTER.

Many calls later and still NO REFUND.

Girl on phone says tey;ss call me back or have David call me back but never does. I have called dozens of times with no luck of a solution. I guess Ill call everyday this week.

6. Default  
    You know the cliche.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    It is so very true.
    Bug them so much they respond so you will stop bugging them.
    Sad but true.

7. Default  
    The letter is on the opening page of their web site.

8. Default  
    That letter mus have just gone up this weekend because I looked for it the other day.

I think it is a very smart business move and one that I am sure will result in fewer complaints.

From a buyer standpoint (and a self promoting one) I see this as a great reason to make the trip to MHC in June. I am sure Scarefactory will be very motivated to move any remaining inventory that they may have!

9. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I suffered along hearing many squeaky wheels when I worked for my Dad in the Heating and Ac business, but then there was a good reason, those "wheels" were almost ALL very elderly and they had been squeaking for the last number of years.
    Whenever I should have been "squeaking" about anything I would try to tell myself that a decent employee or business owner would eventually notice my problem and rush to fix it for me because I wasn't being an outspoken azz-pain, but I would end up being ignored all the more, usually, sad to relate.
    "In a perfect world....."

10. Default Hmmm... 
    If the squeaky wheel gets the grease, those of you who still haven't received your orders from last year should take a sleeping bag and a bullhorn to the shows ScareFactory is going to be at and introduce yourself as "Squeaky." In all seriousness, take a copy of your order, cancelled checks, phone bills with calls to them highlighted, any emails from them, etc. and tell them you want to know what they plan on doing to make things right. Taking home some of those carefully-built unbreakable show models might be a good start.

Thread Information