HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: REAL TOMBSTONES!!!!.....

1. Default REAL TOMBSTONES!!!!..... 
    Hey check waht I found on Ebay for just a $5 opening bid!!!!

Man, If I lived cloes enough I'd jump on em but maybe a haunt could use em. Very Heavy tho!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collection-of-ge...QQcmdZViewItem

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I could have had alot of real tombstones just a few years ago, they were yanked from the local graveyard when people here with German last names were embarrassed by all the German script since a war was going on at the time. They bought new ones with English information on them, then they were thrown in a pile and ignored for 100 years.

3. Default  
    Arrg! Too far away....very cool find though! That would of freaked my street out!

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    At my advanced age of 57, I have been thinking about purchasing my own gravestone. I could write it off as a prop for the house! Then use it!
    I thought it could be a small replica of my haunted house, then have some holes drilled here and there to hold the little talking chips, motion detectors and solar rechargable batterys.
    As the teenagers creep up to my marker late one monlit night my voice says, "Gotcha!, Now Skeedaddle for home you wanna be vandals!"
    Maybe soon solar batterys will hold enough charge to really ZAP anybody peeing on my marker too!

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield
    At my advanced age of 57, I have been thinking about purchasing my own gravestone. I could write it off as a prop for the house! Then use it!
    I thought it could be a small replica of my haunted house, then have some holes drilled here and there to hold the little talking chips, motion detectors and solar rechargable batterys.
    As the teenagers creep up to my marker late one monlit night my voice says, "Gotcha!, Now Skeedaddle for home you wanna be vandals!"
    Maybe soon solar batterys will hold enough charge to really ZAP anybody peeing on my marker too!
    For my tombstone I'm just gonna have something like "I'm Dead.com"
    then people will have to go online to get my info.
    New wave & all.

6. Default  
    Jim - might be a bit tricky with forseeing the correct date? On the plus side though I think it might be a good idea to pen your own epitaph ....

that way I make sure I had 'well loved, beautiful' instead of 'grumpy old woman' or 'witch'

:wink:

X

Heh! Just noticed I no longer have the moniker amatuer and have made my 101 post. Yippeeee!!

7. Default  
    We have about 25 real headstones that we use at Terror on the Fox. They were donated to us from a memorial company several years ago. Some had mistakes on them and some were never picked up, we have some that date back to the civil war era, with most dating late 1800's to early and mid 1900's

We set them just far enough so that you can see them, but not close enough to read them.

And yes, they are extremely heavy!

Take care,

Tattoo
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Director of Operations

Nightmare New England
    www.nightmarenewengland.com

Spookyworld
    www.spookyworld.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

8. Default  
    You know Jim if you are interested last I knew one of the places by you used to just pitch their mistake tombstones over the hill and into the RockRiver.....

Thread Information