HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Those of you with multi attractions, how do you do it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Manitowoc Wisconsin www.nightmarefactoryhaunt.com
    Thanks for the input so far. Sean, hows the move going? Can you believe all this snow? Thank god I have a plow on the ATV, or I would be pooped!
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

2. Default  
    Hey, Ron! In the past, when we had 2 or 3 attractions in one building, we had a separate queue line for each. People didn't seem to mind waiting. I think even the general public plans to make a night of it if they are visiting more than one attraction.

I'd almost think that it is easier to do separate queues than one, as that wait could get extremely long. With separate ones, you seem to have more control over the flow of each attraction, rather than each attraction depending on the flow of the other. Say something goes wrong (let's hope not, but it does happen occasionally) in attraction #1 and you have to stop the show...if you have separate queues, then attraction #2 and #3 can continue running.

I'd love to hear more on this from someone who runs one queue for multiple attractions.

3. Default  
    I couldn't tell if you have an indoor/outdoor/or what haunt. What I'm suggesting has not been tried yet, but this is our situation. If nothing else, maybe it'll spark some ideas for you.

We averaged almost 350 customers per night at our haunted trail and wait times reached an hour and a half at times. We guide groups of up to 10 customers on a 30-40 minute 5/8ths miles trail through the woods. We improved on 2006's process but 2007 exceeded our expectations. We felt there is no way to speed up the process and still provide the level of entertainment we have in the past.

The solution we're considering for 2008:
    There is an 8-9 acre field on the property that we are not using. Plant a corn maze, populate with 15-20 actors, minimal or no props, harvest the corn, sell roasted corn on the cob to recoup our investment.

We currently charge $10 for the Trail. Now add $10 for the Maze or $15 for both. If you are in the maze and your group is called, your group goes back to the front of the line to enter the Trail. We would essentially charge them an extra $5 for them to wait to enter the Trail.

Thread Information