HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Floating torso question...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    He finding some one the slim side and then adding some padding up top could actually make it even more real!

2. Default  
    Another thing that you must also take into consideration is the thickness of the mirrors. They should be at least 1/4-inch thick (no thinner!!!) and mount them on at least a 1/4-inch thick board for strength. You don't want your actor leaning forward and have everything break apart. Then, you will REALLY have a bloody mess on your hands! :shock:
    The Haunter's Depot
    www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    And if your actor is only 1/4 inch thick, mount a board to him too!
    (He would almost be the invisible man from the sideways glance position.)

4. Default  
    yeah, we're using 1/2 in. BC plywood and 2x4's to build everything...so it's definitely not going to break. lol I do have a question though. Where can I purchase some guts to hang out of the torso at the bottom? Nightmare Factory has them on backorder...so who else sells some?

5. Default  
    Buy a can of great Stuff at Lowes and some red acrylic paint (gloss). Spray and dry and paint and scare.

6. Default  
    yeah, thought about that, but I may take and put some brown and black on em too. But, is there any way to make them flexible? So that they are more realistic?

7. Default  
    Okay, almost done building this, and it's turning out incredible. Thanks for all the help, and i'll post some pictures of it when i'm done. We're gonna finish tomorrow. Should have some pictures up next week. All I have left are the doors, and the two mirrors. Definitely going to be a hit this year. I'm also working on a room, that i'm putting an actor in, and i'll post some pics/video of that also. I'll keep ya'll updated. Thanks again for the help.

Thread Information