HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: ? about Sands Expo Center

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Now you'll learn what those of us in California went through every year. At least in Las Vegas, the airport doesn't get snowed in.

2. Default  
    Most of the people complaining about Vegas have never had to fly to get to transworld. And yes Chicago is way more expensive. We had to pay for too more nights due to the snow.

3. Default  
    Transworld Chicago was literally a 4 hour drive for us, Had it been in chicago again we would have been able to go all out, but it doesnt matter, Its in Vegas, and now we get to chalk it up as our furthest event from home.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by damon carson View Post
    I think it sucks Transworld starts on a Sunday! What kinda B.S. is that?! Didnt it always open on a Friday in Chicago?
    Damon
    After some lenghty talks with TW we as Haunters have to realize that many of the changes are what's good for the ENTIRE show, not just our segment. Remember we are a small part of the overall show, the coolest part no doubt!

Many of the participants go to the show as part of their "real" job. Their work week in Mon-Fri. so the show is during "work hours". Hotel rates are cheaper during the week to accomodate business. Weekend is PLAY time!

CES the largest Electronics show in the world started in Vegas this week....
    it goes MONDAY through THURSDAY!

TW is just getting in line with every other major show.

While Haunting is FUN it is still and foremost a BUSINESS. Those of us involved must do so accordingly. I worked a full time job AND my Haunt for years. I took vacation time, sick leave or time without pay to attend the TW show. It was a cost of doing business.

While Chicago was close for alot of haunters, it was a major inconvienance for the rest of the vendors and participants. Weather was a huge factor. Also there was not much room to grow at Rosemont. Outside activities wee almost nill. Vegas solves all of those problems.

Those of us on the West Coast have paid the airfares, suffered through the snow and slush, paid $25 a day to park, ate "cardboard" pizza because no restaurant was open, and worst of all suffered through "last call"!!! It's our turn now.

It here, it's staying, so let's enjoy it!!! It's VEGAS!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

5. Default  
    Rich dont get me wrong, I think its cool Transworld is in Vegas this year. I used to live there. And part of my family lives there as well. Its just getting used to some of the changes of the show compaired to past years. Chicago had its advantages and disadvantages for all. But we all have great memories from past shows ect. Despite weather. Im looking forward to seeing your trailer haunts. And celebrating St. Patricks day in Vegas. Im Irish so thats cool it falls in the same week.
    Take care,
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information