HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Lawyers @#$%$#?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsalyers View Post
    I guess I don't understand why the city would not want a Hanted attraction.....what is the down side for them

For our city the official ruling was "teenagers congreate together and increase the crime rate" too bad because we've never had problems with teens, just adults. Drunk ones, and we don't serve alchol so I don't see why we can be held accountable for that. But they blame us, even during month haunted houses are not open.

Until last year, they worked with us. This year with new staff in the city I hope things will be better this year.
    ~HauntedWebby~
    www.lazarusmaze.com
    www.bbqandghosts.com
    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

2. Default  
    Remember strip clubs are protected under law, haunted houses are not. Gotta love the court system.

My city tried to force me in as a spook alley under their definition of one. "SPOOK ALLEY: Any amusement hall where displays or structures depict scenes of horror, violence or the unusual for entertainment of the public for a fee. "

I so laughed at this definition! Because it applies to movies, theater plays (Shakespeare is screwed), and of course haunted houses, spook alleys and the likes.
    ~HauntedWebby~
    www.lazarusmaze.com
    www.bbqandghosts.com
    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Thread Information