HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What Should Our Industry Do???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What Should Our Industry Do??? 
    In light of TW, announcing the will split the show in half, additionally the costumers now forming their own show, and the addmission policy to the Halloween section of the show.

What should the haunted house industry do?

Larry

2. Default  
    I think everyone should stop with the soap opera and just go back to what they enjoy doing. Scaring people and having fun.

Seems the "industry" has lost it's roots.
    ~HauntedWebby~
    www.lazarusmaze.com
    www.bbqandghosts.com
    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

3. Default  
    What do you think about this...

National Halloween & Haunted House Convention

Larry Kirchner

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner
    What do you think about this...

National Halloween & Haunted House Convention

Larry Kirchner
    So does that mean that folks from Canada can't attend? and what would it offer? and by who?

(Ps .. while I'm typing this I'm staring at a banner for the 9th Haunted Attractions Seminars in March ... I'd disable that banner :wink
    ~HauntedWebby~
    www.lazarusmaze.com
    www.bbqandghosts.com
    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

5. Default  
    I like the "Halloween/Haunted House Hoo Hah" otherwise known as HHHHH.

6. Default .... 
    The Transworld politics are quite bad...and really they dont' care about our industry. Not only are we just 'another weekend convention' to them, we are just PART OF another weekend convention.

It would be much better if Halloween Industry People, IAHA, Scarefactory, or someone with 100% interest in Halloween Ran a convention. It's rediculous how big the Halloween industry is, yet we still have to bend over backwards for every little whim Transworld makes. It doesn't hurt Transworld, it only hurts us.

Who does it doesn't matter (it could even be a vendor board of the top vendors such as scarefactory, Distortions, etc) but the fact is that it just seems like it really NEEDS to be done.

I don't want to see another Transworld nightmare this year telling me I can't bring my staff into all the show ONLY to see them let everyone in anyway. Horrible way to do business.

Robert Kocher
    Xanthar of the Museum
    Robert Kocher
    Xanthar of the Museum

The Village of Darkness
    www.TheVillageOfDarkness.com

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Xanthar, You mean it doesn't "Turn You On" to know that the maitre d at the door decided to allow you in, and he turned away all of those riff-raff, just for your benefit? Or maybe Transworld should rename itself to something like "Club 54?", or if someone starts another con, maybe Transworld could be "Club Zero"?
    It almost seems to me(uneducated, cornfield boy) that someone would have had to been working "overtime" to screw-up something as simple as a Transworld Convention, but what do I know? Pretty soon the corn will be high enough that I won't be able to see over it and I lose what little physical perspective I may have had about anything.
    My Daddy told me, "No matter how easy a job is, after someone has it for about a month or two, it becomes the hardest job in the world!"
    That's why I try to stay away from those "job" things!
    hahahahah!

8. Default  
    My Momma told me, "You better shop around!"

9. Default  
    Actully, I belive the better canada hating movie would be"Operation Canadian Bacon"
    Ben Fox
    Actor and Building Manager

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    (Ps .. while I'm typing this I'm staring at a banner for the 9th Haunted Attractions Seminars in March
    Thanks so much for reminding me! I've been so busy getting my sites ready for this Halloween season. Seems like I'm working on them day and night! :wink:
    Hauntingly Yours,
    Frightmistress
    www.ghostlymanor.com and others
    Remember no matter where you go, there you are. - B. Banzai

Thread Information