HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Rusting PVC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default And 
    Please don't pee in the bucket. Acidic additives might speed up the process but, give a darker color that might as well be brown to black paint.

For rust, you can start with rustoleum red oxide primer and put in a few dashes of yellow and green to shift it to an authentic rust color. What is red oxide? Rusted metal/ iron.

I don't know how many people have a tint kit? Other colors of similar paint can do the same thing as tinting for small pieces.

I have made special finishes and colors for even graghics on an expensive motorcycle paint job. You can convert any colorant into a matching medium by putting in the same medium or the catalyst to the final clear coat and nothing will turn on you in mixing mediums. Going backwards from that, you can create some cool one of a kind finishes by intentionally creating reactions between mediums.

Even running out of a small hand mixed batch of paint and then applying another that doesn't match makes it all look more natural.

This new small key board is going to cripple me.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "small keyboard cripple you?"
    Gregg, you MUST have leverage over the small keyboard, your forearm is longer than it's key-stroke, right?
    On the other hand if it's cord is wrapped around your neck,all you can do is say "Uncle!" and submitt.

3. Default  
    home depot sells rust in a can,its by the spray paints,i make my rust by painting a thick coat of any color latex paint on the pvc,then i sprinkle potting soil with real fine pine bark flakes on the wet coat of paint.then i repaint with latex to hold it together.next use home depots rust in a can to top it off and it looks so good people have to touch it to see its not real.i have a pic of some rust i made with this technique on my photobucket.this is wood bars tho.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...rent=bars1.jpg

4. Default  
    Wipp, that's pretty good. I want to grind it off and prime it to keep the rust away!

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  
    I did in fact find the company name who sells this paint...

See I didn't forget about you.

www.modernmastersinc.com

Larry

6. Default  
    To be MORE specific...

Go here

http://modernmastersinc.com/product_...?prod=02&pl=ME

And let me tell you this STUFF WORKS AWESOME!

Now tell me who's your Daddy! LOL

Larry

7. Default  
    Another company who sells paint that will rust itself, or you can even patina things (that green look on metal) is brink in the yard mold supply.

You can find all the paints here:
    http://www.shop.brickintheyard.com/c...?categoryId=12

Thread Information