HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Quick on the Trigger when you disagree!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Quick on the Trigger when you disagree! 
    Well I guess the decision was made for me! I have been wavering back on forth on whether or not to rejoin IAHA. I have been a member since day one (1999) even served a term on the Board. As many of you know, if I see things that affect the industry negatively, I make comments. The purpose of those comments are to foster positive attitude changes. We surely can't move forward if we live inan "everything's Honkey Dorey Land!"

On the IAHA message board there were posts about a legal battle between Tim Turner and Ed Allen. Ed had brought up the complaint because it involves an actual court order and a member of the Board. The Board was quick to dismiss it as a personal difference.

I actually read the transcript and felt it had implications to the rest of us in the Industry. So I posted a response. "Happy Fingers" on my part I inadvertantly switched the names! Ed posted the discrepency, so I reposted to apologize and forward a CORRECT version.

Low and behold, I was already REMOVED from the IAHA message Board!!
    As I understand, the "grace" period was until Jan. 31st.
    I posted at 8pm on Jan. 31st and was already culled from the board!

Yes you might say it is the right of the Board to remove "non-members" and I would agree. The problem here is that we have had people that dropped their membership and were still on the message board posting up to a YEAR after their membership expired!!! They would even post the fact on the boards, some asking if they could finally PLEASE be removed!!

So I guess it is definaitely apparent. If you wish to pay your dues, sit quietly and don't make a fuss you are WELCOME as a member in IAHA!! But God forbid you actually DISAGREE with anything then you are a MARKED MAN!!

Funny thing is I actually had a check made out and would probably have dropped it in the mail! NOT NOW!

Please note there are some VERY DEDICATED individuals involved with the IAHA. They do a fantastic job individually. They deserve the respect and thanks from all of us. Unfortunately for every good person there, we have someone else with their own agenda to counteract them!

I will continued to support this industry and anyone who works for its betterment and of course call issue with anyone detrimental, whether I'm an IAHA member or not.

Maybe it's a Godsent! There really wasn't much usefull information there anyway. If ANYTHING of value is discussed, you will ALWAYS find it on Hauntworld!!

I will post the email under a seperate thread because it does have implications to the rest of the industry.

So here's to saving a hundred bucks and being able to spend more quality time on Hauntworld!!

Rich
    Last edited by RJ Productions; 02-02-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

2. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    It is sad when it bcomes "My way or the highway" he// even a city counsel will let you speak your peace, even when their minds are all ready made up. Your right about finding out on Haunt World and it's free.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

3. Default  
    Rich,

Technically your ability to post should have ended when your membership did at the end of the year. However, the board granted a "grace period" for people who were late in renewing. There was, however, never a stated date and/or time when the list would be purged.

Barry Schieferstein
    IAHA Membership Committee Chair

4. Default  
    One more thing for anybody who is interested, the entire IAHA list was purged recently. Even I had to rejoin it. Rich's timing was merely coincidental not a conspiracy.

5. Default  
    If not a personal issue, (at least that's nice to know!) it still should be one considered dumb!
    The goal is keep members and hopefully garnish a few new ones.

The whole renew by Dec 31 was a stupid move and I opposed it.
    The membership had always renewed at TW. Many did so in person.
    Then the push to change to Dec 31.
    I understand the purpose, to have everyone already on the rolls before the election at TW. Many want the election to already take place BEFORE TW.
    I Totally DISAGREE WITH THAT. You need to SEE the canidates! I also believe the by-laws call for the availibility to nominate AT the meeting. How is that accomplish by mail??

Granted there is always too much happening at TW. So instead of concentrating on the membership drive we switch to 12/31 and then try an do OTHER programs at TW???

Face it, the majority show up at TW, they pay for their dues, pay their magazine subscription...you know one stop shopping. We have pushed the early registration and the result has been a steady decline of membership. People show up at TW and are hesitant to fork out $100 to find out they have already lost 3 months of membership, so then they say I'll wait and sign up in Dec. Things happen and we loose those people. Can you say IMPULSE BUYING?

Yes, the membership has expired, so does your benefits. But the communication benefit was more for the association than the member. Now those people that haven't renewed or forgot have no contact. How do you contact them to let them know of the programs or to keep "friendly reminding" them of their non-status and prompt them to renew?? Mail them or email them. Mailing costs money, direct email maybe but who is now going to email everyone individually???

Inquirying Minds what to know!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

6. Default  
    Dan Faupel Guest
    Rich.....please...

Since your "Inquirying Mind what to know", IAHA uses a system called Constant Contact to direct email all of the members when they need to be notified of anything going on within the association. No one needs to individually email everyone...one email goes out to every member. That is the most reliable method of delivering information, not a Yahoo group that most of the members aren't even subscribed to.

7. Default Leaving Hauntworld? 
    Okay, we'll read your posts everywhere and discuss them here. Don't look, you promised!

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

8. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Wow, talk about taking your ball and going home.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

9. Default Re Dan 
    Well put Mr. Faupel, it's funny Mr. Strelak says it wasn't personal, then why make the big stink, I expected a correction on his part after barry pointed out the technicality, that's too bad Dan that you won't be around here anymore, I've always enjoyed your post.

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    As you go through alot of life experiences there may be some negative feelings that we just can't ignore from other's actions (or lack of action?) that even though we are assured they are not "personal" they still might feel very much that way. It is a fight not to get bogged down in such things whether they are real or imagined or someplace in between.

Thread Information