HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Plexy Glass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Sorry? 
    You mean I don't win the washer and drier? No runner up for the trip?

Crap, I've blown it somehow!

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

2. Default Sorry isn't enough! 
    That's it then I'm scooping my brain out and throwing it against a wall. You'll never get anything from that brain again...Whap! Stomo stomp smush............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................(head rolls off of key board)

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

I don't know what to think about cracking? This prop can be used outside, but you would think it would take a low temp to get it to crack. Not sure but I am going to see about lighting this whole prop from the inside so maybe the heat from the light will keep it warm enough so it wont crack.

I am not sure if this prop will take away from what it is used for, because of a new look, but who knows.

Oh the prize was a new Viper!

Mr. Haunt

4. Default New Viper? 
    Okay, I didn't really want a baby snake anyhow, Thanks

5. Default  
    Oh thats two bad cause this snake has 4 wheels, well that just leaves some fun for me!

Mr. Haunt

6. Default plexi 
    They make a plexiglass cutting blade for a circular saw... Jeff was right it's a blade with alot of tiny teeth.
    You MUST put masking tape where you are going to cut it.
    Now that being said it still might chip, I have tried everything to cut plexi.
    Owning The LAB we have a ton of glassed in props. What works best it an electric grinder with a cut of wheel, but where long sleeves, safety glasses and a dust mask.
    mike

7. Default plexi glass 
    Home Depot sells a 7 1/4" circular saw blade for cutting plastics, they have very small teeth. I have always cut plexi glass and vinyl siding using a 24 tooth carbide blade turn backwards. I hate using acrylic sheets in the haunt, they always crack . I only like to use polycarbonate sheets. Phil Miller/ Frightland

8. Default  
    Phil,

I donít have a need at the moment but do you have any good sources for polycarbonate (Lexan) sheets? Iíve seen some hardwares carry small pieces.

You just never know when you might need some. hehe
    Regards,
    Jeff Londos
    Monster-Tronics
    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
    www.Monster-Tronics.com
    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

9. Default  
    Hey Jeff,
    I get mine from E & T Plastics, they have 6 location, NJ, NY, OH, MN & IL. They will ship.
    1/4 " acrylic runs about $88.00, 1/8" poly carbonate is around $72.00 (4 x 8')
    The 1/8 Poly carbonate is much stronger than 1/4" acrylic, you can hit it with a hammer or punch it and won't crack.
    Poly is softer and scratches but easy to bend to make tube chambers. http://www.e-tplastics.com/html/locations.html
    Phil Miller

10. Default  
    Thanks Phil, great info. I love to do special effects types of things for haunts and poly carbonate is a great material to use for some ideaís Iíve got bouncing around in the old skull.

Regards,
    Jeff Londos
    Monster-Tronics
    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
    www.Monster-Tronics.com

Thread Information