HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: So How did it go.

1. Default So How did it go. 
    I know many haunts opened this weekend... How did you all do?

we were up big time this year....

2. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Congrats Steve! I'm really glad to hear it! We did double this past weekend over last year!

Kel

3. Default  
    This weekends numbers were a little better than the same weekend last year. last weekends were up almost double. I think we would have been even busier if the Detroit Tigers would not have been kicking the poop out of the mighty New York Yankees. This is a huge thing around these parts. The Tigers have not made the playoffs in 19 years. People were at the games over the weekend & at the bars celebrating after the games. I wish they would play day games but, GO TIGERS!

On a side note, I had a call last Monday from a reporter at The Detroit Free Press. This is one of the two large local papers. He asked if he could send a photographer over on Sunday to take some photos for an article he was doing. I gladly agreed. The photographer showed up last night before we opened and did not leave until our last customer went through the haunt. We asked her what the article was about. She informed us that the previous weekend the reported visited about 30 haunts in the area undercover. He was looking for the best haunt he could find to do an exclusive article about. He chose Deadly Intentions as the best haunt out of the 30. We will be featured on the front page of the Features section on Friday the 13th.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Very Good!
    The only thing I have found though is that undercover reporters tend to hog all the blankets!

5. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    That's freakin awesome Howie! Definitely a testament to the quality of your show. This attention from the press can only help increase traffic! :twisted: Congrats!

I'm loving all this great news from the haunt family here on HauntWorld lately!

Kel

6. Default  
    We opened a week earlier and with less advertising and still did fantastic numbers (as compared to our fears at any rate). The most interesting thing was the number of guests who turned right around and paid to go through again.

We have a lot of work to do this week to fix the problem areas we discovered, but overall things went very well.
    "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

7. Default  
    We did fabulous this weekend! There is a real buzz about it!

8. Default  
    Jim, bu-dum-pum.

Thanks, Kel!

Howie

Thread Information