HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Mig Welder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question Mig Welder? 
    Hey Everyone,
    Does anyone know of a good MIG WELDER for under $400?
    Im getting a lot of splatter with mine latley. I think its time for a new one.
    I dont have an argon hook up on the back of mine. And noe of the new ones have it anymore. I know LINCOLN and MILLER are good. I just want to clean up my welds.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2. Default  
    I use a Lincoln SP-175 ,I've had it 4 years.. it's great.
    it's not real big in size, it's a real work horse..from props to race cars
    as the good o boys say in the south,,,Get R Done...
    Ghoul Town

3. Default Miller 210 
    I started out on a Cambpell Hausfeld flux-core 115 volt welder. The welds were pretty poor and it had a low duty cycle which limited it's use. The cost of the tiny spools of flux-core wire added up quick.

Now I have a Millermatic 210. I love my Miller. It makes great clean & strong welds, it can weld pretty much any thickness of stock, it can hold a 30 pound spool of wire... and even laying down 4' of bead on 1/2" steel, I have yet to have it shut down because it reached it's duty-cycle limit. Some day I will get a spoolgun and a separate tank so I can weld aluminum using the same machine.

The Miller isn't quite in your price range, but I would recommend saving up and getting one if you plan on doing a lot of welding.

They do have small, inexpensive units which work with gas. Gas shielding is really important for a quality weld. Home Depot always has small Lincoln and Campbell Hausfeld units on sale that have been returned, check around and you can get a good deal.
    Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Poison" I tried to send you an e-mail about this but something seems to be wrong with "delivery"?
    This last week Menards had all of their welders on sale , if you have a Menards anywhere near, or you can see their flyer on-line.

5. Default  
    Does my email still not work? I ll look for that store thanks.

6. Question  
    Brand New Lincoln Electric K1873-1 SP135T MIG Welding Package. How does this one look? This one goes for $489.88 and has a gas hook up.

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I have always had a 220 volt, 50 amp "Stick" welder, no fancy stuff .
    I just clamp the rod holder clamp to my ear and hold the welding rod between my teeth , more accuracy this way.
    just call me "Sparky!"
    hahahahah!

8. Default mig welder 
    I wouln't waste your money on a mig welder without the gas hook up. just save up and buy a Miller 140, they run about $600 complete with the gas gauge. it's a 110 volt model. this is a great model for welding less than 1/4" thick. Check out this one
    MILLERMATIC 140 MIG WELDER # 907311 - eBay (item 270210637389
    just my opinion, Phil Miller Frightland

9. Default  
    While you're discussing welders how about perferences?
    Do you prefer gas shielding or the flux wire (no gas)?
    Pros & Cons?
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

10. Default  
    I have a Miller 130. It is a 110 welder, works great. It has a very smooth arc. I have built everything from race cars to support posts for hotels with it. This welder is capable of doing anything with in a haunted attraction. I prefer shielding gas as opposed to flux core. why? better, stronger weld.

Thread Information