HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Ask The Dark Lord

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Empressnightshade View Post
    Here's another question:

What is the most inexpensive way to get your website on the first page of a seach engine?
    There are so many answers to this question, and some of them depend on your definition of "inexpensive."

You're charging $13 a head, and you're not-for-profit. Expensive could be $100 or $1000--depending on the results. But...let's see if we can do it on the cheap.

First and foremost, you have to have RELEVANT CONTENT. Good content means more visitors, other sites will link to you, more links boost your search engine rating. Get linked to HauntFinder.com (right here at HauntWorld), and the International Association of Haunted Attractions (www.IAHAweb.com).

Make sure you do banner exchanges with your sponsors.

Get a media sponsor.

Also...every bit of advertising that you do MUST GUIDE THE CUSTOMER TO YOUR POINT-OF-PURCHASE, which should be your website.

Your webhost and/or designer should be able to beef up your metatags, but that could result in artificial inflation of your hits. Ultimately, its about the quality and intent of visitors to your site. You'll get hits from "tourists," and you'll never sell them a ticket. What you have to do is make your site totally involving and absolutely irresistible to those most likely to buy tickets.

If I may of further assistance, you have only to...Ask The Dark Lord.

DarkLord@VoiceFromHell.com
    www.VoiceFromHell.com

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
    There are so many answers to this question, and some of them depend on your definition of "inexpensive."

You're charging $13 a head, and you're not-for-profit. Expensive could be $100 or $1000--depending on the results. But...let's see if we can do it on the cheap.

First and foremost, you have to have RELEVANT CONTENT. Good content means more visitors, other sites will link to you, more links boost your search engine rating. Get linked to HauntFinder.com (right here at HauntWorld), and the International Association of Haunted Attractions (www.IAHAweb.com).

Make sure you do banner exchanges with your sponsors.

Get a media sponsor.

Also...every bit of advertising that you do MUST GUIDE THE CUSTOMER TO YOUR POINT-OF-PURCHASE, which should be your website.

Your webhost and/or designer should be able to beef up your metatags, but that could result in artificial inflation of your hits. Ultimately, its about the quality and intent of visitors to your site. You'll get hits from "tourists," and you'll never sell them a ticket. What you have to do is make your site totally involving and absolutely irresistible to those most likely to buy tickets.

If I may of further assistance, you have only to...Ask The Dark Lord.

DarkLord@VoiceFromHell.com
    www.VoiceFromHell.com
    Okay, so what I've learned from this is that I need to add my link to every site I possibly can. That's something I have been doing over the past several days. I figured that was the most inexpensive way for us to go. Thanks!

3. Default  
    Greg,

what you wrote was quite helpful. I had no idea blogging was so popular. I will begin blogging on the morrow.

4. Default  
    hey Dark Lord im christian and my friend Jordan24 told me about you. i am new to this forum so i am loking for tips and how too's so how ever you could help me would be greatly apreaciated. Me and jordan24 plan on opening a haunted house in 2009 and i thought i should make an account, talk to some of the pro's and get some tips. i am very excited about our haunted house and i am very eager to get the hole process started.

i hope to hear from you soon

christian14

Thread Information