HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Imma goin ta HELL!!! Hep me, hep me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Imma goin ta HELL!!! Hep me, hep me! 
    Well, it happened, I sent out 400 letters to churches advertising our special rate for churches and I got back a letter claiming I have rejected Jesus Christ, embraced evil, blah, blah, blah.

As a Christian I had to laugh at the crudely scrawled letter on a piece of notebook paper from a church probably of about 6 members that all meet in someone's basement.

My Make-A-Wish coordinator said she hoped he contacted her cause she'd tell him that "this Christian man (me) has raised more money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation than and of the churches in town put-together.

Alot of grammatical errors, misssspelllingggsss, etc.

I did not respond, it is a case of ignorance, he is uneducated I believe, but he has his convictions and beliefs, and I have mine. Leave it alone. Besides 1 out of 400 is pretty good.

I hope I aint goin to Hell, Flame retardant is outrageously priced down there.

KroneDaddy
    Timmy
    Hauntus Emeritus
    Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
    Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I wouldn't be at ease if six people in a basement were busy hating me.
    Not many minds there to maybe think:"Wait a minute, maybe we are wrong? "Nope. We right! Attach the cell phone to the dynamite and we are done!"

3. Default  
    You're a brave man marketing to churches. I don't even want to think about the response if we sent out letters to 400 churches...I am sure it would skip right past the letter stage to picketing..
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

4. Default  
    It was probably the "Jesus Saves and so can you with this coupon" approach that turned them off.

5. Default  
    I'm sure we will meet in hell. This morning's "sermon" was that to keep the voice of Sayton out of your head you must adorn yourself with the proper helmet. I put on some clown hair and re entered the room. This was both funny and apparently blasphemous all at the same time.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

6. Default  
    Well, we all know that if running a haunt lands us in hell, we'll all be in good company. Don't forget to wear your Haunt World T-Shirt!
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

7. Default  
    I prayed for God to open up the building I'm using for a successful haunt and so far he has answered that prayer. God is a mighty God and if it wasn't something he wanted me to do He could have shut the door of opportunity.

8. Default  
    Agreed. We were just discussing last night HOW CLOSE we were to calling off the haunt this year. It was just a few days before Laborday when Tony walked into my costume shop and asked "How's the haunt coming?" I said "It's not. We've got no building and no hope of finding one at this late date." He said, "I don't have a show running in October. You can have my theatre." Could have knocked me over with a feather.

If God didn't want this to happen, he wouldn't keep opening up those windows everytime the door slams in my face.
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettP

If God didn't want this to happen, he wouldn't keep opening up those windows everytime the door slams in my face.
    I agree but does it always have to be when our noses are a half inch into the doorway? And as we are holding our face in pain/shame the window pops open.
    http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
    Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
    When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
    If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Fate", "God", Circumstances, we can find solace in whatever we wish but just don't get carried away with anything, we are still free-thinking creatures who usually bare more responsibility for our own actions, luck and lives than we sometimes wish to admit.
    A local 44 yr. old married man caught on a couch with an extremely underage girl said, "If God didn't want me to do this , then why did he let it happen?"
    He was a deacon in his church, he's now a registered sex offender, maybe god just was working, just slower?
    I couldn't believe he tried to blame God for his improper, criminal behavior

Thread Information