HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Thoughts about shock skins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Thanks to everyone for their in put. It's a hit and miss in our town. Folks here are "small town, simple minded" so I guess I should have answered my own question. Some would love it and yes, I would be outside with someone else about a complaint or reading a letter from some attorney on Monday.

Maybe I will take the idea about setting them up and put a "Do Not Touch" and if they do, oh well. I'll have to see how the insurance thing pans out first. If it's not covered, don't use it.

Thanks again!! I would welcome any other comments with this only being my second year in the profession. I have a lot to learn. Looking to make a much better haunt this year with about three/four big items.

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Maybe a sign on the skins saying:"Currently the most Shocking thing in this place".

3. Default  
    We also used the shock skinz in our haunt for the past 2 seasons and plan to use them again. We place ours in the dark where they will usually be touched. We have added to our rules (on the website, posted on-site and explained on our videos in the que area) that the customers will be exposed to electric shock (as well as the usual loud noises, darkness, strobe lights, etc). The buzz from just putting that in the rules was great. People who have pacemakers or heart problems shouldn't be going through the haunt anyway, and like Slober said, the shock is very minimal (and adjustable). We would also at times have an actor wait for somebody to get shocked and then make fun of them (in a fun manner) so that the customer knows that the shock was intentional (not from faulty wiring).
    Bill C. Schnell
    Dark Son Productions
    NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
    www.NecroPlanet.com

4. Default  
    For these last 20 years I will hand a customer an object during my one routine, I have mentioned nothing concerning "electricity" but as I hand them this object I make a "Buzz!"-Noise with my own mouth("Just a pinch of faux-electricity between my cheek and gums!)
    They will jump, jerk, throw down the object as they scream all in a well lit room infront of their friends!
    The "object" I would hand them was an empty paper Dixie cup.
    I never knew they conducted electricity!
    I surely hope no pacemakers were fouled up in this act.

5. Default  
    I appreciate all the comments. I think they are cool and with the correct setting would be welcomed by most. Great ideas and thoughts from all. Thanks!!

6. Default  
    The only time I ran into one of those shock skins was at Transworld inside that little walkthrough. I didn't realize it was on purpose at first, I thought I had just gotten a static shock. It wasn't until later in the day when someone was talking about it did I realize it was on purpose! So that should tell you it wasn't much of a poke. I haven't really been interested in using them in our show though.
    Jared Layman

7. Default  
    "Mind", For a small fee I could rent you a carpet and a cat , you must shuffle your feet to walk up to the cat to pet it, is all.
    Of course kitty Will complain.

8. Default  
    We used them last year for the first time. It was in a pitch dark area right after coming out of the Claustrophobia hallway. People loved it! And a lot of them thought it was just static they got from walking thru the claustrophobia. I will reuse them this year, if I have the right place for them. No worst then lickin' a 9 volt!

-Joel-

9. Default  
    "9" volts but HOW MANY AMPS!!!???

10. Default  
    It's amazing how many of you have or do use them. Lots of good idea on presentation. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I think I am going to use them and do it "tastefully". Just sat in classes for two days about safety so I want to make sure people know it is coming (at some point). So, I'll post warning signs at the beginning of the haunt. Thanks again to everyone for all the comments. I really do appreciate it.

Thread Information