HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Don't you just hate

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Don't you just hate 
    I'm a actor myself. The last 5 years of watching customers comming throught the haunted house I have seen some stuff that just irks me.

1) I'll sue you if you touch me
    2) How much do you get paid
    3)Stand there with a cell phone and want to check messages.
    4) Yell at/in the actors face or ear
    5) marriage proposals- sometimes not too bad.

You see where I'm going with this. Where do these idiots come from.

2. Default  
    Yeah, Reaper.

I talk to my crew members all the time and they can come up with some lulus that customers have laid on them. No respect at all. The actors job is a difficult one. Of this I know.

3. Default  
    Yeah, we had a couple of people last night come through that were like that. It drives me crazy. I guess you just have to deal with it. Because usually after a couple of those groups, you get a really good group that is there to be scared and not ruin everyone's time.
    Creepers Haunted House- The creepiest haunted house in the Southeast.

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    As soon as the room was full a young female voice hollers out:"I'm suing if anyone does anything to me!"
    I turned up the lights looked her in the eye and said, "The door is right there, you may leave right now if that is your attitude."
    She calmed down very quickly and reversed herself quietly.
    I guess I'm a little more sensitive to this sort of BS because I am not treating people here with any aggressiveness or in-the-face nastiness.
    After meeting me in the first room and they see me doing all or most of their tour myself I like to think a certain amount of respect, me for them as shown by my behavior therefore they should treat me the same.
    This actually is what happens here the majority of the time and this is how I want it to be, it eliminates so many potential problems before they even get a toehold.
    Of course there are always some customers who forget this or don't notice it or forget where they are and act aggressive and overtly stupid to me, but they do this mostly towards my seasonal helpers who they probably do not feel as comfortable with.
    The customers talking between themselves as I am trying to entertain them is very distracting and doesn't set well with the rest of the paying customers after awhile but young girls do this (I think?) to create an artificial mental place for them to hide within whereas their present haunted surroundings have them too scared, in other words they don't want to be here confronted with the potential fears, so they stare into their friend's eyes and re-hash study hall and a note a boy sent to them, ex cetra loud enough for most of us to hear.
    I have married two women who met me coming through my haunted house........scary, huh?
    I guess that I'll do almost anything to try to scare somebody?

5. Default  
    dam jim you have 2 wives?i think i must be in the right bissiness then

6. Default  
    one time some kid said to me "if you touch me I'll sue you" I said,"who's sue? Your big fat mother!" The kid never said another word while I was doing my room.

7. Default  
    If he said he was going to "Sue" you, this could have meant a secks-change operation for you!
    Johnny cash sang it, "A Boy Named Sue!"
    Next time just tell them that your lawyer is I.M. Satan Jr. and their lawyer doesn't stand a chance in heL.

8. Default  
    You just can't let those types of guests discourage you from doing your best. For every guest that heckles you, there is 10 more waiting to urinate themselves. Focus on the positive ones.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

9. Default  
    I've developed a reply for the little Princesses who always toss out that "If anyone touches me, I'll sue!" line:

"If you'd like to find a lawyer, we have several piled next to the
    crematory..."
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

10. Default  
    ..and their new nubby horns are sprouting on their skulls as we speak!

Thread Information