HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Don't you just hate

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Yep, we compiled a list of "Snappy comebacks for stupid comments" a while back... it was pretty funny the ACTUAL stupid comments that patrons said... and even funnier the hilarious comebacks haunt actors had to burn them back with! It's here somewhere in the hauntworld archives (I think?)
    Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
    The White Star Farm
    "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A friend was working in Mamouth Cave and the employees there have an actual book they keep track of the most stupid statements customers make.
    The absolute best one was:"Is all of this cave underground?"
    My response would have been :"Yes, except for the part that whips way up into the air about 150 feet."

3. Default  
    what i cant stand is when ppl try to jump back at you after you have tryed to scare them its like what do you expect you going to get scared

the most and far most thing im pritty certin is if you get punched in the face "accidentally" as some put it pisses me off cuz ruins your night as well as the ppl in that group.

or drunk ppl thay are the worst cuz some that i have encountered have ether broke a prop or swung at me

well it comes with the fact of being an actor got to take good with the bad

Dr kalise

4. Default  
    Customers like hitting our actors, its something they live with. Its terrible for sure...not much you can do about it. Its the life and times of a haunted house actor.

Larry

5. Angry RE: Don't you just hate... 
    I've long been an advocate of issuing billy clubs to cast members. After all, who's going to notice a few extra blood splatters here and there?...
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I have never been punched while taking people through my haunted house-unaceptable behavior!
    I was almost stabbed through the eye once with an ice pick. Only my quickness and anticipation saved me that time, the kid was goofy from a tremendous growth-spurt he was in at the moment, he was huge for his age and acting strangely before he got inside the house.
    The ice pick was stuck in a skeleton on display here-no more!
    Ever think of the potential weapons availble to customers as taken from your own displays? It could be a real concern.
    If you don't want to be punched scare from people's right side, since most are right handed(except for hardened criminals) an effectively swung punch via the unco-ordinated hand will not be as strong or as well aimed.
    I tell my people to remain arm's length away at all times and be prepared to retreat into the dark or blind the attacker with the light of your flashlight.
    Don't put on a furry coat and a werewolf mask and crawl around to scare people, this is how one guy (at another haunt) got his ribs kicked-in! ? Go Figure?)

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    1) I'll sue you if you touch me
    2) How much do you get paid
    3)Stand there with a cell phone and want to check messages.
    4) Yell at/in the actors face or ear
    5) marriage proposals- sometimes not too bad.
    1.) "I promise you NOTHING will touch you. If anyone IS touching you, it is a member of your own group... lucky you."
    2.) "All the wax I can eat!" [my house had a Wax Museum theme.]
    3.) I hiss "light! light!," freak out, invade their personal space, and try to eat it. I have actually bitten cellphones.
    4.) Don't flinch, then do the same thing to them.
    5.) "Necrophile!"

8. Default  
    Actors at my house have been hit. I've been advised to stay out of arms' length, but since that makes for a weaker scare, I usually size up the people I'll be jumping on and decide how big of a risk it would be to get within inches of them. If they look like they might swing or flail, I keep my distance.

You also need to keep the safety of the GUESTS in mind-- once, I cut it so close and had so much momentum, I came within an inch of slamming a woman's head into a wall.

The saddest thing about people who punch is that one of the creepiest things I've seen in a haunted house is those big-masked guys who follow right behind you. Faceless scares who get right over your shoulder are also much creepier than the jump-and-scream scares IMHO.

9. Default  
    Here ya go Nicole:

http://www.hauntedhousemagazine.com/...-comebacks.php

Still out there

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    If he said he was going to "Sue" you, this could have meant a secks-change operation for you!
    Johnny cash sang it, "A Boy Named Sue!"
    Next time just tell them that your lawyer is I.M. Satan Jr. and their lawyer doesn't stand a chance in heL.
    I love that line I will have to use that ... See I don't understand how they know we are just acting and we are just like them but they still get so scared .. the ones I hate are the drunks that get scared and then get mad that my crew scared them and then go after my actors I had one get her knee broke and was tossed out of her scare box and another get her arm broke... I mean come on I got told when I first started working in haunted houses if a drunk comes in and you can't scare them do something to make them laugh they will laugh through the rest of the house.
    AJ Silo-X

Thread Information