HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Don't you just hate

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    There were some big bikers who cruised passed my house on Sunday afternoons for several years, not daring to come in and check it out.
    Then that one fatefull sunday as I was talking with them(and they were still hesitant, couldn't decide, a local family of very young blondie-headed little girls came running down the street waving their ticket money saying, "We're coming in the haunted house!"
    The girls were maybe 4, 6, 9 years old.
    The big biker sort of gulped and said, "OK, I guess we will come in."

Most bikers are just out for the ride and stop to eat buy a beer and that's about all. To "abandon" their bike in my lonely parking lot is too terrifing to consider for many of them.....
    ....even though the parking lot is located at the end of a dead end street with no houses nearby (except mine)
    99.9% of the time the bike parked here might get sunburnt or rust up long before anything else bad would ever happen to it.

2. Default  
    One type of customer I can't stand is the guy(s)-who-try-to-sneak-in. I encountered a trio of em' just last week. I was peering around a corner to see if a new group had come in. Well, a group did come in, but something was a miss.....they had no guide. I went back into a nearby corner of the hall I was peering out of and did my best manequin impression under a dim light. After a bit of waiting, they eventually got to where I was. "Is it real? The shadow moved right?" They spent the next 12 seconds staring at me; until they decided to move on. Though the eye holes of my mask I could see one of them turn around and give me one more look, "Wait, is it moving!?" At this time I took it upon myself to jump out and stick my landing with a large *THUD*. Needless to say, they didn't stick around for very long.
    Last edited by Smiley; 10-11-2007 at 02:15 AM.

3. Default  
    I've gotten a couple of good ones so far this year. At the top of the list has to be a girl running through the body bags near my room screaming "suck my big toe!", followed by "I've got aids, don't touch me". I've been smacked on the butt, had one person walk over and poke my forehead to see if I was real, had two pat me on the head and say "Aww, aren't you cute", and one ten year old boy threaten to put me through a wall. I also had a girl ask me to follow her through the house even though she was obviously scared of me, and another ask "is that a girl or a ghost" when I was all of two inches from her face. Best of all was the woman who saw my mop darting around the corner and refused to go through!

4. Default  
    I've always been fond of answering the 'how much do you get paid line with 'all I can eat' followed by a snarling advance.

If the person making propositions is of age, stay in character, but smile and leer. Use lines like 'I'd love to see you stripped of that skin'

I look at most of these lines as nervous bravado--something that can be exploited.

I was going to say I hated being touched, but that'd be a lie. I like to do the still pose, mimicking something fake.

Sometimes it gets me poked and even slapped. Know how hard it is to stay still after getting whacked in the face...just long enough to cement the idea in the head of the person who smacked you that there's no way you're real.

I don't like people who try to pick fights with the animatronics

5. Cool RE: Don't you just hate... 
    A new thing that's become more prevalent this year among our patrons is the annoying belief that since I have a handlebar moustache (both in character and in real life) that it must be a fake. Since I'm fairly up close with the customers when I talk to them, there are people who want to poke at it or try to tug at it. I've already drawn up plans for a new t-shirt for next year, with a picture of my moustache and the words, "Yes it's real and NO, you can't touch it!"
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

6. Default is it fake? 
    I'm reminded of a haunt some 10 years or so ago when I worked as a tech and "security" (sure was a surprise to me!). The other techs and I would trade off going through the house and manning a highly visual spot in the house just to keep an eye on things.
    So this ditzy woman approaches me asking what I'm supposed to be. She couldn't tell from the "civvies", radio, ID badge and flashlight that I was working there - "I'm security". Then she starts sticking her finger in my once-full beard (a HUGE personal space violation!) asking "what's this?" All I could do is look annoyed and say "It's called a beard".

Some people are so clueless!!!

7. Default  
    Don't you just hate it when the intoxicated female customer who isn't bad looking gives the guy in the electric chair a lap dance and not you?

Happened last saturday, at least she tried to make out with my mask so it's not like i didn't get any action.

8. Default  
    Ah, the drunks, forgot about them. Last night I ran into one, kinda wish I hadn't.

Man, she was a mess. Her husband had vise-like grip on her shoulders, perhaps to keep her from falling down. "Hey, hey, whattar you suppose to be? Ah, he's not scaury. I bet I could scare hem. Oogalago!" On top of that, she was wearing thrice as much make-up as me!

Now, that's scary.
    Last edited by Smiley; 10-20-2007 at 02:00 PM.

9. Default  
    Smiley your right we get the drunk in there.. Guiding them around you can smell it on thier breath. I just hope they are not driving themselves..

Again you can tell which ones are always on 'something else' when they hit strobe lights!

10. Default drunk chicks 
    Oh, Gawd! The absolute worst!!
    A few years back, this one drunk chick - and isn't that sooo attractive? - who was on a blind date (I believe, lucky him) with her sister and her guy, came though our haunt which was set up at the end of the hayride. She could hardly stand, let alone walk. Completely embarassed her companions to the point where they just ditched her, leaving us to take care of her, thankyouverymuch! Not even 1/4 way through the house she asks one of our actors "yuh wanna make out?" Then promptly threw up in the scene. My, my, who could resist that?
    We let the cops take care of her lodging. We may have just left her in the enormous swamp surrounding the haunt!

Thread Information