HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Would you use a download service to purchase haunt music?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Would you use a download service to purchase haunt music? 
    Would you use a download service to purchase haunt music?
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

2. Default  
    meening something like Kaaza(free)? or a pay service like Napster or Itunes?

3. Default  
    meaning a pay-per service....

I have two contracts on my desk to finish and I'm not sure
    if it's worth the time and trouble....

4. Default  
    Well, it maters on the service. I probably would if it was on the right service. Whice services do you have a contract for Virgil?
    Ben Fox
    Actor and Building Manager

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

5. Default  
    yes, i think i would, depending on service as Ben said of course.

6. Default  
    I purchase lots of music online. I have accounts at several places. I'm one of those people who like it cheap and NOW. I don't want to wait for a CD in the mail.

I'm also one of those people who hate to purchase whole CDs. If I like one song I don't want to pay $20 for stuff I don't like.
    ~HauntedWebby~
    www.lazarusmaze.com
    www.bbqandghosts.com
    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

7. Default  
    I prefer buying used or closeouts, so I dont pay full price, except in rare instances. Would not mind an online purchase, but some music DOES show differences when converted to mp3. There is this song I licensed for my haunt, and when its turned to mp3, you can hear the different. Sigh...
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

8. Default  
    Right now I'm looking at Darkcelldigital and iTunes......I'm still in the valley of decision so.....

My concern is that converting at a lower resolution of MP3 WILL cause noticable audio degredation in my music. Some services don't ride the line on making sure the compression ratio on the mp3 they render is at broadcast quality.

Call me picky but I want to make sure that the music doesn't suffer just for the sake of convenience.

I'm at the point of offering my work from my site in high rez mp3's

9. Default I prefer to have a CD shipped. 
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    In answer to your question Virgil; if I were given the option to download or obtain a CD, I would choose to wait for the CD to be shipped to me. I like the tangibility of the CD and I like to have the insert page with the CD, the list of songs, etc. I do like immediate gratification, however, and if I were given the option for a couple extra bucks to download the music and have the CD shipped to me, I'd probably go this route. :wink:

Kelly

10. Default  
    I buy all my music on CD's, and never plan to ever download anything. I'm a DJ by profession, and am required to have a hard copy of all the music I have/play. Therefore in reference to your question, No, I would not download it.
    Steven
    Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Thread Information