HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: haunted house injuries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Look at a crowd of people waiting to enter your haunt.
    How many of them look like they jog every day?
    How many of them are already limping?
    How many are definately overweight and won't be moving quickly for any reason?
    Ever play contact sports? What happens when a large person runs over or falls on to a much smaller person? It isn't usually "pretty".
    People get older they are not a physically agile and strong as they once were.
    "No Running!" (When people run, they fall down)
    "No running or we will put a saddle on you and rent you out for rides to people with whips."

2. Default  
    nocshroud said" rookie fell on the stilts last year and broke his arm "

As a stilt walker, I am amazed that you would have a rookie on stilts.

3. Default  
    We don't have stilts here but didn't I once read that the normal procedure with stilts in a haunted venue is to have another person not on stilts next to the stilted one to protect him from stilt grabbing, stilt shaking idiot customers?
    Sounds good to me.

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Shumansky
    Considering someone that got hit in the face at your haunt your "fav" makes me consider you a disgrace to our industry. Our duty is to provide a safe atmosphere for all who attend. Being excited that someone got hurt does nothing more than make you and potentially the whole haunt industry look unprofessional.
    I tend to agree with Todd on this. I'm not sure why it's so funny to many when someone runs smack into a wall or post. And I don't just mean to those on this forum. My crew laughs at this also and quite frankly it's not in the least bit funny to me. That's pain your customer is experiencing and we all know very well what pain feels like. When they purchased their ticket, pain was not part of the price. I shrieked when one of the crew told me a mother because so scared that she accidently smacked her kid against a wall and drugged him across the wooden crosses and branches attached there to get away from a monster. A friend of mine went through my haunt one night and told me the next day that her and her friends were bruised on both sides from banging into walls trying to get away.

I'm very, very thankful that we have not had any injuries due to negligence on our part. I work very hard to make sure all is safe. Customers finding ways to injure themselves is just a necessary evil, but I'm not quite sure why so many of us find it funny.

Can someone explain this to me?

5. Default  
    Unfortunately alot of humor is defined this way.
    If someone else gets hurt, it's funny , If we get hurt , it's a tragedy!
    If you want a cheap laugh from an audience tell them how stupid YOU are and most will laugh. Same sort of psychology involved, I think?
    Some portion of my brain feels very good about itself when I invent some extremely silly, non-sensical thing that makes no one the butt of the joke, yet is still something that most people can't stop laughing at.

Thread Information