HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Besides fire Marshall approval, what eles is needed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I've come to realize part of the reason business' pay for permits is to stop other small business' from coming along and being able to afford to compete. It's like that type of pine tree that drops poisonous needles to stop any other tree from growing near it. Companies hate paying the tax/ fees themselves, but in effect, it's "protection money" charged by the government instead of the mob. Every year the price seems to go up, and the fees that are added to business utilities are truely amazing. It's always $400 a month just to be hooked up to utilities, and that's assuming you hardly every run them! But it is what it is. I guess they feel pretty sure Haunts are one business that can't flee to China... though I've been learning to eat with chop sticks just in case I get the chance.

2. Default  
    It all depends on the area you live in. I had always heard the stories like the ones in this post and tried to call around to the county office. They told me i only need a permit if I build a temp or permanent structure that was not already there. She gave a band stage as an example. Because I am in a barn I donít have any permits to buy. When I tried to get a fire marshal out here no one would return my calls for months and I kept getting the run around as to who actually is over my area. So basically other than standard state business stuff, I havenít had to do anything. I am sticking to all the life safety rules anyway, for an overall safe visit and just in case they change their minds and want to come out to inspect.

Thread Information