HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Moving to California

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Moving to California 
    It's a little early to post but it will help me to get an idea on what is available out there. In the beginning of October I will be moving out to California for school (MUD: Makeup-Designory) and work.
    With that all said, I have a feeling we will be looking for a place to live in the Van Nuys, California.

So what haunts are in/around or within 15-25 minutes or Van Nuys, Ca.?

My experience in the haunted house industry was spent at the USS Nightmare (www.ussnightmare.com) : I have been an actor for 10 plus years, a set designer for 5 + yrs, a makeup artist for 10 + years (my work has been in grease, cake, some air brush, latex, bald caps, prosthetics, crepe hair,etc.), security for 3 + yrs (does your haunt need a 6'5 security guard? lol), plus more!

If anyone is looking for help please let me know about the/your haunt.

thank you for your time
    Last edited by jason; 04-26-2008 at 10:56 AM.

2. Default  
    I have lived in Ca my whole life and have never heared of van nuys. Is that in Northern CA, southern , CA ,
    or central CA?

3. Default Good Luck 
    With your future sounds like California is getting a good one. Also I have heard of that I cant believe you have lived there all your life and never heard of it lol. Heck I am from Alabama and have heard that one! Shane

4. Default  
    Jason,

I'm orignally from North Hills (Sepulveda), which is right next to Van Nuys. I do not recommend living in Van Nuys! Not a good safe area anymore! If possible look at the Encino, Sherman Oaks, Studio City areas.

As far as haunts are concerned, there are only two within 20 minutes of Van Nuys: Spooky House in Chatsworth and the Factory of Nightmares/Halloween Harvest Fesival in Woodland Hills.

Good luck on your move.

Haverghast - Van Nuys is a suburb of Los Angeles. It is located in the San Fernando Valley.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWerxKMG View Post
    Jason,

I'm orignally from North Hills (Sepulveda), which is right next to Van Nuys. I do not recommend living in Van Nuys! Not a good safe area anymore! If possible look at the Encino, Sherman Oaks, Studio City areas.

As far as haunts are concerned, there are only two within 20 minutes of Van Nuys: Spooky House in Chatsworth and the Factory of Nightmares/Halloween Harvest Fesival in Woodland Hills.

Good luck on your move.

Haverghast - Van Nuys is a suburb of Los Angeles. It is located in the San Fernando Valley.
    why is van nuys not a recommened living area? (thank you for the heads up).

about a few weeks ago, i had a week long visit out in cali. during one of those (when i went to 2 tapings of the price is right..which you can see me and my girl on may 1st and may 2nd in the audience...on may 2nd you will see us on stage with the winner of that day's showcase, drew, and the models...) studio city looked nice.

6. Default  
    Van Nuys...Lots of crime, drugs and gangs! The southern part of the San Fernando Valley (Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills) still has some redeeming qualities.
    Kevin

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "We were working the day shift out of Van Nuys, me and my partner .."
    Dragnet-Television on every week for many years, along with Johnny Carson's comedic referrals to Van Nuys, he was on for a few years too, now as far as where it is exactly? I've been in California once, it was February and cold in Illinois , "I was working the drive-away from here to California with my partner in a 57 Chevy."

8. Default  
    i'm sory i'll have to m ake a correction on myself. i thought we (those who are mobing with me) were looking into van nuys but we will either go off to studio city or laurel canyon. as of now those 2 cities offer nice housing options. still, who knows what will happen.

on a sidenote: after catching some video on you tube it seems that home haunts are a big thing out there!

9. Default  
    Studio City and Laurel Canyon are excellent choices!
    Kevin

10. Default  
    I live just a few blocks from MUD in a clean, quiet, safe neighborhood in Burbank -- you might want to check it out; it's a great city. Looking for a place remotely can be challenging -- start with www.westsiderentals.com.

Thread Information