HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: looking 2 go pro?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default looking 2 go pro? 
    Hi my name is Taylor! im a high school senior and have been scring people with myyard haunt for 2 years now. last year we (my freinds andme)had over 150 people come thru. i ran the chAinsAw and made 10 people wet themselves and one was a gron man!! i think he migt have pooped!!! LMFAO!!im going pro in 2009 but dont no were to start? any advice! thnx!

-Taylor

2. Default  
    I would say start by finding a pro or charity house and work with them for a couple of years to learn the business. Get a copy of Kelly's book "So You Want to be a Haunt Entrepreneur". Also, make sure you spell words correctly and use proper grammar when writing up business proposals. Text message lingo is not yet acceptable when trying to get money from banks and sponsors.

3. Default InFoamTek.... 
    Dont listen to this Guy hes a smartass know it all. Its not how you spell or act here to be successful hell look at me I am proof of that . Its whats in your heart and how you feel about this business. Give it all you got talk to other haunt owners here InFormTek is not one hes a B rated vendor. I will be glad to give you any adivce you need as well as there are many other good Haunt owners here who will be glad to do the same for you. Its good to see young guys getting into this Industry. Good Luck. Shane Graystone Manor

4. Default Pro Haunting 
    Taylor,
    Take Shanes advice.. But first learn to read and write...

5. Default Clifton Shane Dabbs 
    This post has been deleted. It broke a major tenet of mine because I was angry.
    Taylor, please learn to write better. It will serve your purposes better in the long run.
    Last edited by Infoamtek; 04-26-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Post Edited

6. Default  
    Hey feargore,

If and when you go pro there are so many things you need to consider, location?? VERY IMPORTANT, what kind of budget do you have?? you should be looking at around $350,000 to start out "THIS INCLUDES very little advertising and not that big of a haunt" I think its better if you just give me a call verse writing this all out!!!!(440) 392-2666... oh and by the way what i am saying is my own point of view and does not mean i am correct.

Just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak
    SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

7. Default  
    I really care about all haunts, and also the people who care about the season, but i guess my question is why are you guys fighting over the internet, we are on the same team are we not??? everyone has a personality some you may like and some you may not but never the less understand it!!!AHHHH F#@!#@! IT lets get ready for round two!!!!!!!

Just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak
    SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

8. Default Screamline 
    You are exactly right thats why I removed my previous post we all should be on the same page and have each others back in good and bad! Shane Graystone Manor

9. Default  
    One other thing Taylor. you might want to get involved with your local community theatre. You can get some more practical knowledge about acting, makeup, set design/painting and lighting. Plus, it can be a pool of talent to draw on when you go pro.

10. Default  
    Infoamtech, I was born in Pomona California, I now live in Alabama.This is a fine state with fine people. That was pretty weak of you to take a shot like that.

Thread Information