HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 55 gallon drums

1. Default 55 gallon drums 
    The topic basicly says it all. Where can i find used 55 gallon drums.
    Fright Factory Boyscout Spook-O-Ree event http://www.freewebs.com/frightfactory/
    Scareside Studios www.freewebs.com/scareside

2. Default  
    Try looking in your local Yellow pages...
    under" Oil handling equipment"..Thats were i found 55 gal drums.
    hope this helps..
    Ghoul Town

3. Default  
    Hope this info isn't too late.

Metal or plastic?

If your looking for plastic you can't beat you local car wash. All the chemicals (detergent, wax, etc.) come in 55 and 30 gallon drums. At least you know they weren't full of toxic stuff, although concentrated detergent is pretty nasty too. They some times have a deposit on them but its typically only $5 - $10. So offer anything above the deposit and your in.

If you need metal barrels its tougher, the deposit on these is much higher and its more economical to send them back then it is to sell them off. I get them from the scrap guys who collect chips from machine shops. They're beat up and nasty w/coolant & chips but cheap. Dang heavy though.
    Scott Ames

4. Default 55 gal drums 
    if you are in an area that uses oil heat or a rural area call your local htg co . We sell home heating oil and supplies to farms . A lot of the drums we get back are dented and the drum company takes the deposit. I take the drums tu use at the haunt but if someone was local I'd give them away

5. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Feed stores sell them with the tops cut off, I even got three for free because when came in they still had the tops on them.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

6. Default  
    I have a plethora of these things sitting around...if you were nearby Id say come and get em, i am in the Carolinas, where are you?
    Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
    [n8 creative studios]

7. Default drums 
    you can get drums here http://www.epcontainers.net/id4.html

8. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Steel drums also make good...drums! Beat out a tune live in the dark of the haunted forest to get everyone marching together and of course, fast enough.

9. Default  
    You might try your recycling centers, our local one sells the metal and plastics. I believe the metal goes for 8.00 each and not sure on the plastics.

Thread Information