HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Is there ANY liability?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Alright so even if the ticket has a liability clause, and they get hurt its still my fault and i can get sued? What if it was not because of my negligence? What if its because of there own stupidity?

2. Default  
    Unfortunately nowadays you can be sued at any time, by anyone, for any reason. If you are sued, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff. They will have to prove that you were liable for their injury. It may be tough to prove, but that does not mean that they won't or can't sue. Even if you have a patron sign a waiver before entering, you can still be sued.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

3. Default  
    This is horrible! It makes me wonder how ANY haunted house's stay open for any period of time!

4. Default  
    Its just part of owning and operating a haunted attraction. You need to make sure you have enough liability insurance to cover any potential award a plaintiff may receive if they win a lawsuit.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

5. Default  
    But see thats my problem i have a Miniscule budget at best, so i cant really afford insurance....

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    There could have been negligence on the part of the baseball bat maker or the club for alowing a bat made of maple wood, which has a history of violently breaking into such pieces , although why major league ball doesn't just use aluminun bats has always made no sense to me.
    Or maybe the simple negligence of not having a protective netting in place, Duh?
    Maybe it all comes down to who has the biggest lawyer?

7. Default  
    To bad i can only afford lil lawyers...

8. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    The local dirt track here has everyone sign a waiver upon driving in, just like the drag strip 50 miles south of here . One or two have been killed at the dirt track with several very serious injuries but no lawsuits...
    If you decide to drive a dirt bike 60mph over an earthen ramp, I guess you have already made the decision to fall back to the ground and suffer whatever abuse mother nature and father gravity have planned for you?
    What makes me cringe is seeing these very small kids doing this.....

9. Default  
    Thanks Jim...that was...er...elightening.

10. Default  
    I personally would be afraid to have a haunted house in my home without first checking with my home owners insurance or getting some insurance. But since it is in your home people won't treat it the same as a business. You could also make people sign a waiver or something along those lines.

But no matter what make sure you post some signs and warnings.

Larry

Thread Information