HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Space Is Too Big. Who'da thunk?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Been there done THAT 
    hearsley gray Guest
    We have 60,000 SQ feet, And do I have storys to tell!!
    I would be happy to talk with you, I have been there and done that!

http://battleofthehauntedhouses.com/

Be careful!

2. Default Do tell.... 
    Hearsley,

I'm sure with a bigger Halloween attraction space comes even bigger haunting issues. One can only imagine.....

Steve...
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

Nightmare Village......
    "Follow the Bloody Brick Road"

"Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

"Whatever, whatever", "Whatnot", "Dah, dah, dah, dah"
    Larry Kirchner

3. Default  
    It definitely would be tough to pass up on that much space when starting out. After all of the years in our current spot, we have run into major space issues for storage, workshops, etc. We are now rushing to find a piece of property to build into a storage facility. Ever think about subleasing out some of your space to vendors?
    Not necessarily haunt related, but things like concessions and trinkets for the kids always sell.

Steve I try to make it out to Philly a few times a year. Last year my crew and I got to tour some of your competition right after halloween. If I make it out there early this year, I'll gladly meet up and share some stories with you. Granted I've only been a pro haunter for 5 years, so I'm far from an expert.

4. Default Space issues 
    Hi, Damon,

Thanx for writing. In spite of this possibly being my first year, I already know there will be space issues. Just securing a location has been a nightmare (no pun intended). Renting space to vendors was a consideration but based on everything I've heard or have been told about selling food and/or merchandise at events like this, it doesn't usually work as hoped for. Then again, it would really depend on the market of a given area.

Renting space to other haunters seemed like a good idea. A couple responded but it already too late into the calender for them to make the move. Had they known sooner, it would be an option for them. Had I known sooner myself, everybody else would have known sooner too. Just the luck of the draw.

The huge space at the beginning of this thread may be going to a long term lease tenant now. Unfortunately, they take precedence over short timers like us. This means my search is still on so, if anybody has a space they'd like to share, please feel free to contact me or post a message here with all the details.

Have a great weekend, Everybody....

Steve....
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

Nightmare Village......
    "Follow the Bloody Brick Road"

"Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

"Whatever, whatever", "Whatnot", "Dah, dah, dah, dah"
    Larry Kirchner

Thread Information