HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: Did you make More money at

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transworld

26 57.78%
  • Midwest Haunters Convention (MHC)

19 42.22%

Thread: MHC vs Transworld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    I am sorry but Larry is right.
    You really can't compare the 2. And if you did you would NOT like the anwser.

We write about 5 times the orders at Transworld as we do at any other show ever.
    why do you think we are fighting so hard to make the St Louis show so successful?
    Most of the larger vendors really do need a show of this BUYER magnitude.

2. Default Kevin 
    I would agree that most vendors take more orders at TransWorld. But TransWorld will not be the same show as we have known it in the past. So there could be major changes in the making.

I hope I am wrong for the sake of you guys but I still see a major split. I know several haunts thats going to do what were going to do and thats buy over the phone and take our crews on a well deservd vacation and St. Louis is not the destination. TransWorld had the only Halloween/Haunt show out there and they screwed that up and I don't want to hear it was Rubies fault!

Actually it may be a blessing and you guys can save even more money by not having to pay for a booth in the future and save even more money. Shane and its Kevin I have made a very good point Shane this time.

3. Default  
    The fact is that the Transworld show as you know is already changed because the main exhibitor will not exhibit (Rubies) and the Transworld retail show will be smaller than ever. The haunt industry needed and now has its own show which was the right move.

The fact is the haunted house industry, is part of a bigger Halloween Attraction industry, which includes pumpkin patch events, corn mazes, renfairs, amusement parks, farms that start Halloween attractions and the list goes on and on.

The Halloween Attraction industry is a BILLION dollar industry, and should and now does have its own show.

We need a show that is only for these vendors and these buyers and now we have it...

So feel happy, proud and excited.

I am thrilled I can tell you that much, not because of the fact its coming here, but now we can separate ourselves for a retail industry, which we don't belong. We want to see vendors who want to sell to Halloween attractions and we need more than ever.

We need to see our industry grow and it is only possible if we embrace this new and exciting direction.

Now last but not least... I know for a fact that MANY Halloween retailers will be at this show a lot of the BIG ONES!

Now they will bring the stuff they want to sell to haunts!

Larry

4. Default  
    TW isn't a money show anymore.
    OOOPS excuse me, yes it is a money show but the only ones who make money are TW, the Sands, Freeman, the concession *with their $2.50 pint of milk, the hotels, Airlines everyone but me.

I'll be at Midwest with bells on. Nothin' better than a good ol Ohio, depressed economy, unemployed, desparate mass killerattitude, homocidal chainsaw weilding, Amish buggy scare for me!

There's somethig about a 12% unemployment rate that makes for a reeealy scary halloween season.
    Go Cavs
    (hope I don't need to reedit this)

5. Default answer to how much money spent 
    Our production company spent about 10k between two haunts this year at TW. if we go to MHC we will be merely socializing and picking up odds and ends missed from March purchases.
    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com

"Where Haunted Thoughts Become Reality"

www.OblivionHauntedHouse.com

6. Default  
    I can't believe this thread still lives... LOL.

All the shows are cool but if you are a real haunted house owner or vendor there is ONLY one choice and that is Transworld, IAAPA second, and then Hauntcon and MHC. MHC has Zombie walks, body painting, and all sorts of fun things to do, and a high focus on actor training so clearly actors are invited so in the end it really depends on what you are looking for. If you own and operate or sell things TRANSWORLD...its not even a debate.

If you want haunt tours go to Hauntcon or MHC.

Larry

7. Default TW or MHC??? 
    Well I certainly blew more money at Transworld, but thats because they had more vendors that catered to my tastes, and the networking was better than expected, but I told my crew this year we had to do the MHC show cause its a blast! But the eye candy at Transworld cant be beat! 2012 here we come!

8. Default New to Transworld and have a question 
    This was my first experience at Transworld and enjoyed the city and convention immensely. However, once you have seen st Louis, you have seen it. Are there any plans to make Transworld a "traveling" convention? In other words, have it in Dallas one year, New Orleans the next, etc....It seems that would give the Haunt owners and crews something to really look forward to each year especially if you know you will have the chance to see haunts in that area and a new city to explore each year. Again, I am new to this and do not know the history of Transworld at all so be gentle with me.....

9. Default Guess we need to check out MHC 
    My son and I have made TW a tradition because this is where we make our purchases for the year. We have an attack plan, and we are actually able to get through the entire show with time to spare, and without missing anything. I was grateful for many of the vendors doing cash and carry this year at TW. Glad we drove instead of flying! Will be looking up MHC dates and maybe we can make the next one.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

10. Default  
    I doubt that Transworld is going to move from St Louis anytime soon. They moved from Chicago, where their corporate offices are located. St Louis is centralized in the USA, it is a great location for the event. I can't understand why HauntCon moved way out to PA. Was thinking of going this year if it was in KY again, but no way am I driving 14 hours.

Thread Information