HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Foam Block

1. Default Foam Block 
    Where does everyone get their foam block for their sets? What are some good sources for those of us that don't have a ton of money to spend but want to add some texture to our work?

Thanks.....

2. Default Try this place 

3. Default  
    nut, it looks like all that place has is soft foam, like sponge material. Anyone have a source for styrofoam, besides the local Home Depot/Lowe's?

4. Default  
    check at your nearest stucco supply house

5. Default  
    Highland Products actually manufactures those 4' x 8' x 4' blocks here in Phoenix, but I'm sure their are others. You can also try custom packaging companies, they hot wire cut it for companies to ship their products. Remember, foam is actually sold in density, 1lb, 2lb, 3lb etc.

Matt
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

6. Default Foam Supplier 
    I purchase all my foam from http://www.guaranteedsupply.com/. They are only in NC and SC, but you may can find others like them by calling them.

Good Luck!
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

7. Default  
    After you sculpt the foam do you have to fireproof it before you put it in your haunt because I know products like Foamular are highly combustible. And if so what do you use?

8. Default Fire Proofing Foam 
    I spray a hard coat on our foam then within the hour coat it with latex that is mixed with fireproofing. I purhcase my latex fireproofing from Oak Island.

If you want to learn more I have a page with the information on our castle we made last year. I have posted the information on the hard coat and video on the foam carving.

www.spookywoods.com/castle.htm
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

Thread Information