HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunted Overload build photos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Badlander2000,

We made it over the hump and went pro last year. We could never get away with this when we were a home haunt LOL!

Eric

2. Default  
    Eric, Nice to meet you!

Im loving this schene man and the fact that your using natural items commonly found with the woods... this will make it very creepy indeed !

The woods come to life is such a neat thing with any outdoor haunt.

And as a stairbuilder by trade. "Hey man nice stairs!"

We just put the roof on our facade this weekend and 30 feet up is intimidating as hell!

3. Default  
    Hey Kevin,

I can't take credit for the stairs. Stan Walker, the same guy that plays the Headless Horseman in our video and the haunt built those along with a great deal of the structure. It still has a fair amount to go but now we can take our time detailing it during the summer since we went so fast up to this point. Stan really pushed us over 3 weekends to get this far.

I love using as many natural materials as I can in the haunt to give it that organic creepy feeling. The bark adds so much texture when lighted properly. It really looks ominous when you look up at it from the queue line. I think it will be a big hit this year. I have many more things planned for this season but this is the biggest so we started it first. I will start on the horns soon and post more photos when it is looking good.

Eric

4. Default  
    Killer job Eric and Haunted Overload crew!

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.
    Tim Dunne
    www.FrightKingdom.com
    Proud Member of the HHA
    www.HHAssociation.com

5. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    You don't do anything small, do you?lol. Very cool, what will the acter be doing on the stage?
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

6. Default  
    What the actor or actors will be doing on-stage has yet to be determined. It may depend on our personnel and who would be the best for that position. We may have a bunch of people take turns. A huge crowd will be gathered in front of this structure before going into the haunt, it's the end of the queue line. I will have a microphone so the actors talking to the crowd can be heard.

I have one Idea I will hopefully be able to do. It involves me, every so often coming out of the mouth with the chainsaw and tons of smoke. After whirling it around and getting the crowd going I will then leap off the front of the stage. I will land on a massive hay bail platform built way up to cushion the jump. There will be an even higher hay bail wall in front of the platform so it will look like I'm jumping 9.5 feet down when I'm only jumping 3 or 4. The crowd wont expect it at all and then I will come from behind the wall and through gate to the queue line with the saw. People love the saw running up and down the line.

If it turns out to be too dangerous I will abandon the idea but if done right I really think it will be a hit.

Eric

7. Default  
    Those pics are freakin AMAZING. Nice JOB!

8. Default  
    I said I would post more build photos when I got them so here they are. The first one is a sneak peak at only some of the new hand made tiki torch heads that will line the big road in front of the skull stage. I can't wait until my photographer gets a hold of these. He can get much more detail than this photo shows. They will look cool lit up I think.

The next photos show the horns to the giant skull head in stages. And finally some more progress on the big structure. I am starting to detail the eye socket in one photo and adding vines. Each board I put up goes painstakingly slow. I'm really getting a workout running up and down those stairs to see how it looks. I envy the haunts that have big crews lol! I still have a fair amount to do on this prop but I'm definitely over the hump. There will be black cloth in the mouth and teeth also. I need to add small pieces of wood at the top so the horns look like they are growing out of the head not just stuck there.

I threw in a shot from real far away, you can see me standing on the top holding the chainsaw. I wont be up that high for the haunt, other actors and myself will be in the mouth.

Enjoy,

Eric

9. Default  

10. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Dude, you are insane, just insane! (I mean that in a good way)
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Thread Information