HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Trailer Haunt Layout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Trailer Haunt Layout 
    Hi, Everybody,

I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations for an effective trailer haunt floor plan. What I'm looking for is the 'basic rule of thumb' in planning a mobile haunted house attraction inside tight spaces like office and/or semi-trailers. My plan is to utilize office trailers which range from 28' to 40' or more but with an overall width of only 8-10'. Some semi-trailer haunts built and operated in recent years include: Terror on the Fox, The Assylum, Hotel Fear and Monster City along with many more. What is the secret to developing an effective floor plan for this particular type of haunt? Thanx in advance.

Steve....
    Last edited by Uptown Haunts; 06-29-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

Nightmare Village......
    "Follow the Bloody Brick Road"

"Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

"Whatever, whatever", "Whatnot", "Dah, dah, dah, dah"
    Larry Kirchner

2. Default  
    Sample trailer haunt layout using six 48' semi trailers. This layout yields 2304 sq feet of interior space and 3072 sq ft of flexible outdoor court yard space for a total of 5376 sq ft.
    Attached Images
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

3. Default  
    Here is all you need by haunted brother...did you get the last issue of Hauntworld Magazine? The magazines focus was VEGAS... Rich Strelak wrote a giant article on building trailer haunted houses. If you back up to some of the first issues he had other articles about building trailer haunted house.

Did you get these issues?

There are floor plans and more.

Larry

"Whatever, Whatever and What Not'.

LOL

4. Default Trailer Haunts 
    MindWerx,

Thanx for responding. The multiple trailer layout above just has a 'zig-zag' pattern which is probably about as best as can be expected in 8' wide coaches. No surprise there but your response tells me that I'm on the right track and shouldn't over think the plan as I've been doing. My plans also include outdoor space as mentioned in your response.

Larry,

I missed Rich's recent Haunt World article on trailer haunts. Then again, my subscription expired a while back. Basically, I had decided that I would renew it once my 'interlocking wall' question from about two years ago was answered. "They interlock" was the answer I got from the seller of the 250 interlocking panels which obviously didn't answer my question.

Steve....
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

Nightmare Village......

"Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

Larry Kirchner

5. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    That is just like the automotive book I bought so I could fix my car. The section on "Engine Removal" said: "Remove engine!"
    That was nothing short of a great and wonderfully inspiring piece of information, now wasn't it? For $8.00, 35 years ago.

6. Default Unanswered questions 
    Yep,

One of my biggest pet peaves is asking a question and not getting an intelligent answer. Example: I've been searching the internet for hearses. When inquiring about a hearse, I'll ask "which coach company did the conversion?" or other simple questions like "What year? What engine? Mileage? Front or rear wheel drive?" if that information is not listed in the ad. You'd be surprised at the number of hostile responses I get. Other responses include "It's a Cadillac or Lincoln" which is usually already known from the ad. About one dozen of the responses from different sellers of hearses were "It's a hearse". That's about as good as my interlocking wall question which has never been answered. One seller even went so far as to tell me to shop elsewhere rather than answer my questions about the vehicle which were not addressed in the classified ad. I never realized thinking could be so difficult or traumatic for some people. What would they do if they had real problems?

Steve....
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

Nightmare Village......

"Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

Larry Kirchner

7. Default  
    Ive wondered how the rooms are layed out too. Do you use the whole width of the trailer for your rooms and then put in a hallway? Or do you use say a smaller sized room? Ive been in more than one trailer haunt but its really hard to tell in the dark and fog ect. I would like to see a room layout.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    Here's a sample layout using a container box (like those self storage containers you see) which can easily be retrofitted into a semi-trailer configuration. This will also give you preview of how the 'scenes' are laid out etc.

Regards,
    Tom
    Attached Images

9. Default  
    Additionally, here's another sample two trailer haunt floorplan layout. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Tom
    Attached Images

10. Default  
    I think this question is a good reason for having haunt tours with the lights on. I made that suggestion on a thread about the Vegas tours and everybody thought I was crazy. I have a pretty good understanding of scares and what scares people. I would be more interested in seeing what is happening behind the scenes than to just walk through in the dark like another customer wanting to be scared on Halloween.

Thread Information