HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Using a large room

Hybrid View

1. Default Using a large room 
    I have access to a large building and can't man all of it. I thought about having one of the large rooms have one actor in it with 10 or so obstacles, guests must wander through to a hidden exit at the other end while the actor terrorizes them.

Is this lame or not.

2. Default  
    Well its not lame if your haunt is one with a story to tell, but if not and there arent multiple GOOD places the actor could hide or something then yeah its pretty lame. But what scares guests the most ((From My experience that is)) is the fear of the unknown. I once held a haunt and i had this huge room, it was just one dim light in the center. I had no actors in there. Just one guy banging on pots and pans in a dark corner. I got many comments as people were leaving that, "That big room with that one light was terrifieng!". So im sure you could play of that factor.

-Zackary J

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    The one-light thing is great!!
    We had such a situation and the scary thing was spontaneously all the guys working behind the plastic sheet walls began singing!
    A slow version of the old song with the lyrics:"I Need You Baby, I want you Baby, I want your body....." Or something like that?
    No music accompanyment, therefore very real, very scary.
    The customers had to have felt surrounded, because they were.

4. Default  
    Hahaha, i must admit Jim, i love your choice in music lyrics!
    Its usually darkness plus an enclosed or surrounded feeling leads to fear....or claustrophobia which ever comes first. But yeah it usually is the expectation of someone going to jump out or not knowing whats infront of them OR behind them....or to the left or the right of them....that is the real scare. Or atleast thats what iv gleaned from my experience.
    "Um Excuse me Sir?" asked a guest one time
    "Whats in that big dark room with that dim light hanging down?"
    "Absolutely nothing....or is it something? I wouldnt know, id have to look!" This reply actually scared her, at the time i wasnt even thinking about it. But alas in the end it proved worthwhile because she came back with her bacherlorett party....who has a bacherlorett party at a Haunted House? Hmmm, haha well i guess she does.

-Zackary J

5. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Ravens Grin Inn plus a bachelorette party plus adult humor= Blackmail video!
    (Potentially, anyway)
    Because of the flexibility of the different types of performances I can do here, bachelorette groups frequent here often, often with memorable experiences for all!
    We had such a group that had some special arrangement made ahead of time in which the fiance dressed in old clothes and a mask and basically got real frisky in the dark with his soon to be bride as she was attempting to hide in a confined area to scare the girls in her party.
    The Maid of Honor was working the camera, getting pictures of her ordeal.
    The Bride was only told who her molestor was after the wedding.
    Extreme, funny and outrageous entertainment is what this type of a group is looking for...then I shift gears and we do a Sunday afternoon tour for little kids just a few hours later, it keeps life interesting.

6. Default  
    Indeed gotta love bacherlorette parties. They were a great bunch with not but a few drunks, but then again with every group when is there NOT a few drunks? Well it kind of ruined the night for us and for them when in the second to last room one couldnt hold down her dinner for the rest of the tour. I do believe it was lobster and corn....very disgusting...very messy.....
    So yes very outrageous...not always funny entertainment is guranteed.

And how very scary, not to know who the molester is until after the wedding. Lucky you didnt get served Jim. Hahaha

-Zackary J

Thread Information