HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Using a large room

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    When it comes to drunks being in the house we work very hard to keep all of them out. This is also is our "house", we live in it also.
    Another anti-drunky reason here is the fact that most tours require 90 minutes from start to finish.
    90 minutes is WAY TOO long of a time to have to babysit drunks.
    If their bartender doesn't want to see them, they why should I?

2. Default  
    Aye Jim, drunks are a problem with us as well. Because we are atleast a stones throw away from 2 or maybe even three pubs. So we get on average 15+ drunks a night. But we have a special hallway that we lead them down if they are to imbibed with alcohol to walk or are to obnoxious, or if they look as if they cant hold down that club sandwhich they had with the 12 beers. The hallway leads right to the side of the building right by the dumpsters. We then proceed to tell them no drunks allowed. BUt of course we dont make them pay for a ticket for their...special hallway.

-Zackary J

3. Default  
    We are located just 110 feet from 4 taverns where the booze is cheap (seemingly so) to the Chicago area people who land here.
    I used to show everyone a video on how to handle the puke thing.
    "Be a man, take it home with you!"
    As I would pull out the front of my own shirt and puke down towards my belly button. (Shirt MUST be tucked in!)
    Wear that stain proudly!
    A true mark of Dis-stink-shun, and you will be shunned! Especially if it stinks!

Many Octobers ago as I was running through my Spooky kitchen I noticed that someone in the last group had puked into the sink, but the drain and faucets were not yet hooked up, it looked like thick tomato juice with Kibbles and bits and it was about 1 1/2 inches deep!?
    I had another 15 people due to be in that room in just seconds , so I used a black magic marker and a piece of torn cardboard and made a sign I placed at the back of the sink full of puke:"Free Puke, Take Some!"
    "Boy! That really looks "Real!" I heard some of them remark.

4. Default  
    Hahahah, you should have said "It feels real too! Go ahead, Touch it!"
    But see if your wasted and your by yourself you will just go down our special hallway. But if your wasted and your with someone that isnt and they dont have the common courtesy to aware us of his/her companions puking likeliness then they get asked to leave along with there friend without refunds. That for some reason bugs me more that they knew their friend was likely to vomit and they say nothing just letting his/her friend ruin a scene for everybody else.

-Zackary J

5. Default  
    "Jim The Novice" used to ask a group that had one drunk in it if anyone wanted to become the one responsible for guiding, handling a drunkard through the rest of the house? "If he has no sponser, then out he goes right now!"
    Someone would always come forward and promise to do everything needed to keep the drunk on-board, THEN guess what would happen within the next 5 minutes or less?
    The seemingly sober "sponser" would become a whooping Cowboy just like the guy they were supposed to be taking care of! The booze just took an extra couple of minutes to hit them.
    Now I have two (or more ) problem customers to deal with!
    I have never wanted to be a bartender , bouncer or tavern owner.

6. Default  
    I would much rather be a bouncer then a tavern owner or a bartender thats the best part of the job, i mean you get to throw the drunk OUT!
    Instead of intoxicating him in the first place.

-Zackary J

Thread Information