HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Is there any law?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Inside the door ways coming into the mall you put a butler figure or frankenstien or skeleton holding fliers. Something like a Dragula car in one of the big lobbies again with fliers and arrows to the haunt. It doesn't even have to be a functioning car if it looks cool, just parts all bolted together and painted.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

2. Default  
    I don't know if California is the birthplace of the frivolous lawsuit?

Our Lawyers have just Perfected to an obscene art form...

(13yr old.....If you touch me, I'm calling my lawyer)
    ^ can be heard every night @ my Haunt.....
    Phantom

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    When I hear this (usually from a 14 yr. old girl) I turn on all the house lights and tell them that if they really think like that, that they can leave the building NOW!
    And I am serious but then they back down real quick.

4. Default  
    ChrisGM Guest
    For that info... All you have to do is contact your own local law enforcement and see what they can do with you, depends what city and state you live in... For those fog machines, if they are large, all you have to do is ask everyone in your own neighborhood to see they will not be bothered at all... For lights, do the same thing, ask your neighborhoods, even the police too! But please do NOT TRUST cops at all because they always give out B.S. info, you know? Just ignore!!!

I have fog machine, I have light strobes, I have hanging props and life-size props, etc... One time I had a corpse with blood splattering all over the body layin in the coffin, when someone called the cops, they came over my place and took looking around... Nuthin's wrong!!! They laught and left my place. BUT they told me it's still illegal! WHY???? They told me it's kinda fake call, even if it looks REAL!!! WTF???

Well, just advice you to do what you want to do, and be extremely careful! Some laws are dumb!!!

5. Default  
    Alright everybody thanks for all your advice, and based on what iv read i dont think im going to send out some people in masks, just because of the liability and all that. But thanks again for everyones advice and help!

-Zackary J

6. Default  
    Get permission where ever you do this. Tell them you want to do it in costume. You cant really go scaring children ect. Some parents are overly protective and mainly assholes. You may not even try to scare them and they see you in costume and the kid starts crying. Then you got the the law there. And then the cops like well I cant really do anything it isnt illegal to be dressed up but your gonna have to leave. Trust me this stupid thing happened to us at a festival where we had permission. Ridiculous!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information