HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Side attractions at the exit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Side attractions at the exit 
    I would like to put a few side attractions at the exit of my haunt. Thought it would be a good way to squeeze out a few extra dollars from guests. Anyone have any good ideas on what works?

Digger

2. Default  
    Er im assuming your a commercial haunt haha? I wouldnt put the side attractions at the exit because if your haunt is actually scary enough to charge money then they should be running straight through the exit, out in to the parking lots, and to there cars. There should be no reason for em to stop...i would put the side shows in the beginning like charge them, then ask if they would like to add like 5 or 10 bucks to the ticket and they get the sideshow package?

Just my two cents

-Zackary J
    Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 07-18-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: really bad spelling

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    You are trying to squeeze a little more profit from your efforts that you put into the main attraction. Whether or not you want to or need to put more effort into promoting and operating another side attraction, for the amount of money it will bring ,.....it might not pan out?
    Might not be worth the extra effort?
    If your customers need a little more "House Time" inside the actual attraction, then what seems like a side attraction within the main one could be made to add what hopefully would be thought of as an extra value/experience for the same money.
    If the customers are piling up waiting to get in then ignore the side attration on those nights if you need to.
    The customer is paying for..something which will involve effort and time on the part of the people inside hopefully entertaining them with something happening anyway, just dress it up, make it sound and look extra and special and go with it.
    Extra money comes back as happy returning customers, bringing more people with them, this is where I would put my efforts.

4. Default  
    Well I have seen a couple haunts do Zombie Paintball. They have a large tarp as a backwall and sides. Then they took chopped heads hanging from wire/fishing line? Then charge a fee to use a paint ball gun and shoot at the floating heads. I guess you could win free admission tickets to the haunt if you hit a curtain amount of heads.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.com

5. Default  
    We are going to be letting some parents from our other business run a fund raiser this year... not realy at the end but it could be. We are building them a gypsy wagon and they are going to charge a few bucks to give out palm readings and fortune telling. I think they are going to have a blast with it and it will be an "extra" for our haunt.
    Roy

6. Default  
    Yes I have seen the paint ball thing and that is fun...

Also try and but a used trailer haunt or a used dark ride...or even have a carnival set up. All ideas. Larry

7. Default  
    Fortune Telling will possibly upset some people who see any such thing as evil or satanicly inspired.
    People really get upset when a fortune telling situation reveals hidden truths by accident. And why were those "Truths" hidden? Because somebody wanted them hidden for a good reason.
    I have seemed to have this nack, unwittingly so.
    "I see that your sister got impregnated by your pet beagle!"
    (Now what made me blurt That out?)

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    Fortune Telling will possibly upset some people who see any such thing as evil or satanicly inspired.
    People really get upset when a fortune telling situation reveals hidden truths by accident. And why were those "Truths" hidden? Because somebody wanted them hidden for a good reason.
    I have seemed to have this nack, unwittingly so.
    "I see that your sister got impregnated by your pet beagle!"
    (Now what made me blurt That out?)
    WHAT?!!! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the entire holiday of Halloween is based upon pagan rituals. I realy dont think that anyone who is willing to go to a haunt is going to be very upset about fortune telling?!! Might be wrong but it just wouldnt make sence.

9. Default  
    Customers are strange and just because we see something as being a certain way doesn't mean that they won't be picking and choosing as to exactly what offends them.
    Just as some people won't like having certain masks or monsters in a house with them, lines can be drawn as far as where religion comes into an act, event or sideshow offering.
    Some see the Bible as saying all ghosts are evil and are to be ignored, carry this over to Oui-Ja boards, a deck of cards, fortune telling, seances....
    People do seem to pick and choose what they feel comfotable or uncomfortable about.
    I don't want any Oui-Ja boards in my house because of what happened last time in 1970 with one. This is a haunted , haunted house and many people have had those experiences here. Just last night I was told about another one from a customer who also is a haunt worker elsewhere...he believes now!
    Far be it for me to be telling anyone what to do, I'm just trying to be helpfull and bring up things that some of you may not have experienced or realised, then you do whatever you wish.
    This is just the typical mindset of many first-borns, to be helpfull and warning, gotta keep those younger siblings out of harm's way, you know.
    I was the firstborn for my parents with siblings to follow.

10. Default Thanks for the ideas 
    We are intending to bring a great show to our guests this year. The haunt is plenty big,(45 min tour), and well staffed. But the businessman in me says "don't leave any money on the table". If I can squeeze out another $2,$3 or $4 per person on side attractions, then that adds to my bottom line.
    As for the exit, my guests do go running out of the exit screaming. However, the exit to my haunt empties into a huge area that has been used as a gift shop. The gift shop has never done well, so I thought of using this space for side attractions and help generate better revenue from this space than the gift shop did.

Any other ideas would be greatly welcomed!
    Thanks,
    Digger

Thread Information