HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Roadside sign!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Roadside sign!! 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I had to qualify to get one. Yes I am open at least 8months of the year, yes I am open so many hours a day/week. No you cannot see my place from the highway, no I am not a rock quarry, a farm, or about a dozen other businesses listed on their form.
    They just want tourist attractions to have these signs. Cost: $50.oo non-refundable fee upfront, then $135.00 a year for two signs one facing west one facing east on route 64 at the edge of Mount Carroll, Illinois pointing them down Mill road, which soon becomes Mill Street where they will see three signs leading them to my door, these signs I contracted professionally made for another $183.00.
    I really can't see these signs yanking anyone off the highway while they are on their way to someplace but just to see "Ravens Grin" on a state highway sign as they are driving should remind some past customers that I'm here and maybe direct some new lost customers and for those who have never been here but have heard about it, it will possibly mark Mount Carroll and the drive they are on as the way to get here for a future visit.
    If theft or vandalism removes the state's signs they say they will replace them with no charge to me.
    If I "vandalise" my own state sign by adding a logo or different hours and dates, they will bill me $150.oo for the new sign they will replace it with.
    It will be interesting to see exactly what these signs might do for me, if anything noticable?

2. Default  
    It couldn't hurt. And that seems really cheap (for the government, anyway).

3. Default  
    Illinois sponsered ad things are inexpensive, they are trying to inspire more in-state commerce, gasoline sales, motel/bed& breakfast overnighters.

4. Default  
    Congrats Jim! Thats frigging AWESOME! I wonder are there any other haunts out there that have their attractions on a statesign!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

5. Default Ravens sign 
    Next trip out I can see myself getting a pretty unique momento -now where did I put that adjustable wrench

6. Default  
    The most popular road sign to steal in this part of the world is one for the small town of "Alfokey" (maybe that's how it's spelled?)
    Located maybe 40 miles from here.
    I wonder if the do "The Hokey-Pokey" in Alfokey?

7. Default  
    Whats it look like Jim? Is it just a green sign that say Ravens Grin or does it have a raven or your pic on it? LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    If it had my picture on it there would be accidents.
    People would stop to pick up the bum hitchiker and get rear-ended by those who could tell that it was just a sign.
    It will probably be the light blue sign, I don't know if Ravens Grin will be alone on it or share it with another business like the Sunny Vale Nudist Camp?
    (Then I would know why some women arrive on my doorstep and begin removing their clothing!)
    For a modest fee, you can rent the R.G. coa-coa butter application booth Damon.
    You would be a sub-contractor.

9. Default  
    Ha ha ha! Wow talk about side attractions! LOL! Nice Jim! I didnt know you had that kind of problem with women showing up taking there clothes off. Wow you remind me of Hugh Hefner! He throws one hell of a Halloween party you know!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

10. Default  
    Damon, some women go nutty over "celebritys", no matter how un-celebrity-like or financially low on the totum pole they may be.
    My ex had a cousin married to a "celebrity" (now divorced) he drove a big truck over old cars to entertain the crowd, some young women thought he was the next Brad Pitt-less! Hence the eventual divorce!
    How "Special" and "Rich" do you have to be? Not very.
    The majority of all the "Big" money he ever was paid went back into fixing the big truck!
    Is spending alot of money fixing your truck "sexy"?
    You tell me Damon?
    hahahahah!
    See all the groupies hanging around the truck stops?
    Oh, maybe they aren't quite "Groupies"?

Thread Information