HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Future haunters at work

1. Default Future haunters at work 
    We normally will buy all the goof latex paint from loews and home depot everytime we go in . It is amazing how many times the goof paint is just what we are looking for and we get it for $5.00 a gallon . If it is not a color we need we mix them all together and use them for a base coat or primer on the hayride sets before we put the final coat on . Normally we use a sprayer but today to keep the boys busy I turned them loose with the smallest brushes we have 5 gallons of black barn and fence paint and 40 frames-they ended up with as much paint on themselves as the frames had but they had fun .

2. Default  
    Break 'em in young! How much did they get finished?

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I usually paint al six sides of every new board when I get it, easier to handle, flip around and lean up against something or to lay flat in a tight pattern in the bright sun.
    Scraps that happen to lay out in any rain have some protection then and remain valuable to use longer too.
    Instilling a sense of work/accomplishment in your boys is very personally valuable to them, you and everyone in their lives.

4. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Wheres the after photo?lol. I know they had to have paint all over them.lol.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

5. Default all over them 
    Whats wrong with a littke paint spatter

6. Default  
    Ahh...that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

-Joel-

7. Default  
    Wow thats really cool thanks for sharing! How old are your boys? Im gonna have to get mine started a little sooner than I thought once they get a little older.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default Future haunters 
    Noah is 5 and Bobby is 8 -The 8 year old likes Halloween and scaring and the 5 year really loves the haunt and visiting other haunts

9. Default Am I glad to see this! 
    Thank goodness I got on in time to see this post! Glad to see I'm not the only one putting the kids to work in the shop

We've farmed forever, but '08 will be our second year to haunt on our farm during our corn maze season; we have four kids, and they know exactly how they are going to spend their summer vacation -- working on the haunt and our corn maze.
    Ours has truly become a family business and my husband and I have really enjoyed working with our kids. They have a quick eye for detail, that's for sure!

Hope you all have a great '08 season...those boys have earned it
    Love the pictures!
    tkaska
    "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Thread Information