HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Queue Entertainment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    LOL.

I think if it had been me making the call, I would have
    passed on using that technique for kids that age.

Shoot, my 14-year-old is a big ol' chicken!

A few years back, one of the kids in my mother's
    neighborhood went through a local haunt and
    she came out crying. I'm not sure that's healthy,
    but I guess those things can't be avoided.

Oh, the child was about 12 at the time.

2. Default  
    FearSeeker Guest
    They had been hearing the advertisements on the radio and kept begging to go and their parents let them, so I was brave enough to take them. I just didn't know what I was getting myself in for. LOL

3. Default  
    FearSeeker Guest
    They were all clinging onto each other and to me the entire way through. LOL

4. Default Entertainment Before and After the haunt 
    We have a DJ inside our facade above the waiting area as they wait in line with a large 12x16 movie screen playing Elswarro's Que Line DVD. Add our Ivy Man suit blended into the natural ivy on our haunted house and you got some great entertainment before the enter the haunt.

Midway Shops Themed in Ghost Town sets include glow products, and an apparel shop with all our custom T's. Next to that the ATM to make buying easy and the Last Ride Simulator shop to have some more haunting fun before the leave after the haunt. A Chilling Magic Show on a separate ticket that can be before or after the show is another great revenue stream.

All this is just more entertainment to keep them spending the money at your haunt oppossed to your competitions! The best solution is Timed Ticketing, that way your customers don't have to wait. We are coming out with a complete ticketing solution at St. Louis in 2009 that solves it once and for all from the Box Office to the Web. We have been testing it for several years at Spookywoods and not only does it improve customer service it makes an extra 5K per night.

Good Luck and Keep them Screaming!
    Last edited by twohlgemuth; 08-05-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

5. Default  
    one thing that sells the most (even though it was mentioned earleir) but glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces/novelties are top sellers in haunted house attractions.

alot of people feel that with light, that they will be able to see better and know where they are going. this way, they dont break rules of having too bright of a light, but they will feel better on going in, plus you make a side profit. alot of young customers will buy them, and buying glowsticks in bulk is very cheap.

lol last year we sold them while waiting in line to get in, and when they reached the door to go in, the one who explained the rules added this line:

"oh, i see you have glowsticks! thats good. you can see in the dark now....but that means that the monsters inside will find you faster than ever..... have fun!"

it really gets them freaked out, and it does give the actors a little bit of help to see where they are at.

you can order bulk from www.extremeglow.com or www.glowproducts.com

6. Default  
    Tony,

I'm so excited about your ticketing system! Also, be looking for a visit from us soon... we really want to take a look at your attraction, if it's ok with you first! ... Sounds like you are running a top-notch show and have much to teach us! -Tyler

7. Default SkullTroniX Skull+Magic Motion makes a good Queue line entertainer 
    We got a lot of interest in Magic Motion for queue line entertainment at TW this year as it makes it possible for a hidden actor to control an animatronic prop to interact directly with your queue line.

Initially my thoughts about putting this kind of prop up front was kinda like giving the show away before you have even got any money off the punters, but after giving it some thought, you come to realize that when in the haunt your throughput requirements makes it hard to have a prop interact and converse without slowing down your throughput.

You could even tie this interaction up with the name grabbing ideas.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 08-06-2008 at 09:30 AM.

8. Default  
    Is there a link for "Magic Motion", I'd like to have an idea of what your talking about! Thanks. -Tyler

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightgore View Post
    Is there a link for "Magic Motion", I'd like to have an idea of what your talking about! Thanks. -Tyler

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPFS8bmxa0

www.skulltronix.com

10. Default  
    FearSeeker: Too bad you don't have a video of that. Great blackmail footage!

Hey, there's another idea. You know how you can buy a video of yourself on a rollercoaster at some theme parks? How about that for a haunt? The lighting would be an issue, but with all the innovation in this industry? Should be no problem!

Tony: I went to your site and looked at the Ivy Man suit. OMG, that is SO cool. I hope you have plans to do different types, as well.

Also, I wanted to ask you . . . on your ticketing system, for those who buy tickets that get them into the HH quickly, you don't think you could actually be *losing* revenues by not having them wait (i.e., buying stuff at the pre-haunt events)?

"oh, i see you have glowsticks! thats good. you can see in the dark now....but that means that the monsters inside will find you faster than ever..... have fun!"

phreakout: I can just see the oh-crap-I-hadn't-thought-of-that look on their faces, LOL!

Phoenix: I went to your site, too, and watched the YouTube demo. Amazing!
    He would make a perfect host for a HH. Imagine all the different personalities
    you could fit him out with. Or, for that matter, "he" could be a "she."

Sarah

Thread Information