HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Your Marketing Woes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Your Marketing Woes 
    Hey, All

Some of you may have figured out by my user name that I
    am a copywriter (freelance). What I'm trying to find out from
    y'all is what frustrations you experience when marketing your
    haunts and/or products.

If you can think of specifics, that would be great, or tell me
    about your experiences.

My business is still growing, and I'd like to make it as helpful
    to clients as possible, so your input *really* helps.

Thanks a bunch!
    Sarah

2. Default Y'all 
    Where y'all from Ga or SC cause Y'all is generally from there and you'uns are Alabama and you all is Kentucky or Tenn - even though for some reason y'all made a big jump over Louisiana and Missippi and can also be found running rampant through some sections of Texas - my second favorite word in the south is fur - as in "What in the hell did Mr Tuxedo git all over his fur ? " or if you don't know how something works "What in the world is that fur" or if you are lost "How fur is it too the store " not to be confused with far as in " Holy crap Granny done set the outhouse on far agin"

3. Default  
    FearSeeker Guest
    You forgot "I'm fixin to answer your marketing question."

4. Default  
    ROLFLMAO!!

*This* girl is from Texas where all the ohl (oil) is - La Grange, Texas,
    to be exact, of "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" fame.

And, uh, I *am* guilty of saying the wretched "fixin' to."
    Hey, when in Rome . . . LOL.

5. Default  
    I've even heard a "y'all" from a girl from MISSOURI! Wuz up wid dat?

6. Default  
    Missouri?! She must have crossed the boarder from Arkansas.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

7. Default  
    Aven,

I'm sure you even hear y'all a lot when you cross over to Maryland, the northern most southern state. Certain parts here, line in southern Maryland and western like Frederick sounds downright country. My father is from Georgia, so we say y'all a lot ourselves!!!

Allan

8. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Many years ago as I was visiting a neighbor, their back door opened and a woman who had moved north from somewhere down south said:"Abba, blabba, dabba, yabba, blabba, dabba!"
    Needless to say I did not understand even ONE word she said, but she was friendly sounding.

9. Default  
    FearSeeker Guest
    Well, Sarah, you've gotten lots of response to your southern drawl, but nothing to your marketing question. Sorry! My cousin from Texas says things like "I guaran-damn-tee it."

Anyway, as for marketing, all I can tell you is what I've heard since I only invest and don't have my own haunt. I know my guys have made marketing deals with food companies like big Pizza Delivery companies or family fast food drive-up chains all over town to include their coupons with customers orders, but inevitably, the chains let them down and don't include the coupons with all orders so the coupons, which cost a lot to print, go to waste, or people have to ask for them or never know about them. TV ads cost too much, so radio is used a lot and worked for my nieces and their friends. And of course this forum is used widely.

10. Default  
    Oh dont even get me started people! Im the guy who spent his whole life a midwest Illinois boy. But i just celebrated 1 year of life in the south.

Greensboro North Carolina to be exact. Came down the weekend after July Fourth last year and have loved it since.

The weather, Smokin Hot! (literally but i was looking for that)

The people, definetly differnt than northerners but very nice in general.

Love the southern accents and these girls they call "Corn Fed Hussie's" well dam keep feeding them the corn because it's working! ( i could write about this alone for a full page, im in heaven!)

But yeah you guys were talking about the slang!

Our Owner was at lowes the other day, we were picking up plywood so we needed a cart and he says Hey grab an extra buggy.

I stopped dead in my tracks, " Did you just say Buggy?"

" Yeah a buggy for the wood" Eddie just looked at me and laughed and said im not even explaining. I knew what he meant by it but i definetly wanted to harass him about using this word to begin with. Buggy HA !

I have had to slow him down and have him actually repeat some things just so i was clear on it. Some of those accent's especially the men with the lower voices, Hard to understand.

And yes i have actually picked up on the accent a little myself already.

Thread Information