HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Ok this has been bugging me for a while

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    I like the vent. idea. I wanted to do that using one of my kids as the doll. Problem was, by the time either of them were able to interact with me on that level, they were too big to carry in one arm like that.

A creepy marionette is another good one... The puppetmaster could be on stilts in some kind of circus garb.

Depending on your show theme, dirty miners, mechanics, hillbillies, bikers, thugs are all easy costumes to make. A lot of people are afraid of them.
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

2. Default  
    Hmmm i rather like that ventriloquiest idea, and i give you kudos for originality. Yet sadly it tends to be the desire to be origional that makes things...well...UN origional. And this is not really a child intended haunt, it leans more towards the ages of 12 and up...

Yeah but the thing is that our theme this year is an Ode to famous movie killers. We are trying to make them feel like the are paart of some of these horror films and that they are legetimately being chased by michael myers or freddy kruger. And im trying to come up with cheap ways to make this possible but still very scary...t just doesnt seem likely.

But thanks all for the input on the scream killer.
    Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 08-10-2008 at 08:05 PM.

3. Default  
    I guess it's really up to you. How do you feel about the idea?? I know many people on here have said before in the past to stay away from the horror movie characters. Yes I can admit I have seen some pretty cheesy scenes before. But on the other hand I have seen some kicka$$ horror movie rooms like your Jason's/Freddy/Pinhead/Leatherface etc. You just got to pull it off right. All depends on your actors and how the room is made up. I worked for a haunt years ago that did the scream room. And it was pretty cool because of the actors. There was a female actor getting stabbed to death by the "scream dude"and she had the most blood curdling scream I have ever heard. She made that whole room. She also was smearing blood on the walls the was coming from her chest. Then just dropped dead. It looked pretty cool and freaked a lot of people out.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.com

4. Default  
    Hmm see i like that idea a lot. The idea that my friend had was that we would plant a decoy in i dunno like ever other group and then the scream killer would leap out behind a corner and just stab that person in the group to death. Then they would be like ...umm didnt he just come in with us? OH NO! RRUUUN !

Er thats what my friend suggested, what do you think?

-Zackary J

5. Default  
    Your going to have to have quite a few decoys and that person is going to get very tired very quick and to be honest it has been done befor and very few will really beileve its "real." Now if you reversed it. Have a decoy go in with a group and have an actor jump out and scare the group. The decoy can act like he was so scared and wiped out a gun and "shot" your actor, I would then be like "Oh Shit" and run lol
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A girl was killed another one forever crippled by one of those blank or unloaded guns at at a haunted hayride in..? Alabama? About 6 yrs. ago.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    A girl was killed another one forever crippled by one of those blank or unloaded guns at at a haunted hayride in..? Alabama? About 6 yrs. ago.
    Really? Thats actually really scary.....wow ok so no offense MManiac but i dont think that will work out in our haunt.
    And no i dont think we will need more then one decoy because iv decided that he/she will act all scared ((Scream in middle of haunt)) and not really talk to anybody, or he can be sociable i havnt really decided yet, but once he gets stabbed he hangs low for a while then puts on dunno maybe some different clothes then makes a really round about way to the entrance of a haunt, and so on and such forth? Pleas be harsh with your comments i need feedback!
    Oh and if you think i should drop this idea all together please give me other ideas!

8. Default  
    The Police took the gun away from a Hell- House-Haunt in Rockford, Ill. they were discharging blanks inside of an old refrigerated cooler with it full of customers.
    (It was extremely LOUD!)

9. Default  
    That i do not doubt. Fridges tend to have very nice acoustics hahahaha. Did they suffer any lawsuits?

And were any ear drums popped in the process? Hahaha

-Zackary J

10. Default  
    I was told another agency of the government was there the same day and told them they could no longer display rancid beef for the rotten smell effect.

There was a haunt on Devil's Glen Road called "The Hospital" (in a barn) where they used Ghallagher's old act of smashing things with a large wooden mallet on a table for entertainment. Instead of fruits and vegetables they smashed animal organs (the "pumping" kind, not the playing kind)
    My question was, who would want to clean such a mess up?
    Especially if it got to brew for a few hot days first?

Thread Information