HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: audio spotlight ! make people hear voices i their heads!!

1. Talking audio spotlight ! make people hear voices i their heads!! 
    is anyone using the new "ultrasound" speakers to make people hear voices while nobody else does??

this would make a WONDERFUL effects for haunted houses!!!!

http://www.holosonics.com/

you could make just a few people hear sounds and the others wont hear it.

or have a "sound room" where you have different voices coming from different directions...

the ultrasound effect brings the sound to your ear.

so its kinda like you are hearing voices in your head!!!

check it out!

is anyone already using this stuff??

u can create "sound meshes" and make sound appear in mid air as the origin.

pretty cool stuff...
    prop controller, featuring 31 io and free software so u can program it with no code writing!! dual voltage feature also which means less power supplies.

www.thesiliconhorizon.com

2. Default  
    I haven't because of budgetary concerns, but I've been keeping an eye on the technology, and it sure sounds great. I was looking at it for mentalist applications too.
    Listen to them, the children of the night .. what music they make

3. Default  
    We have one of these at my job, and it does work well, but it certainly isn't laser accurate, the sound bounces around, and you can still hear it if you're not in the "sweet spot" though I suppose you could mask that with ambient noise.

4. Default  
    Iíve done a bunch of testing with ultrasound speakers and like David said the sound beam is not as narrow banded as I had hoped. Also the bigger problem is the reflected sound which passes the person and hits any floor or wall can be heard.

The reflected sound is one of it cooler aspects because it really is focused where you point it or what I mean is that it sounds like it is coming from that spot, and even more so then if you had a normal speaker there. Since you could beam it around a room and have the sound seem like it is coming from where you point it you could have a room full of things like statues, or whatever and have sound come from those items or have ghost sounds flying around a room, etc....

Problem is that they are really expensive and the sound levels are not very high on some brands so it might get drowned out in a noisy haunt.

Because of the high cost you could achieve kind of the same effect with normal surround sound or just use multiple switching speakers much cheaper.

The ďhearing voices in your headĒ effect is not as good as they say in my opinion, itís more like a normal speaker.

Very cool technology none the less.
    Regards,
    Jeff Londos
    Monster-Tronics
    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
    www.Monster-Tronics.com
    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

5. Default  
    Before I email the manufacture, what kind of coin are we talking?
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

6. Default  
    Itís been awhile so they might have come down but depending on the manufacture and model they started around $650 and some were $1,000 plus each.

If you want one to play with, I got rid of a couple but I think I still have some and will give you a good deal!
    Regards,
    Jeff Londos
    Monster-Tronics
    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
    www.Monster-Tronics.com
    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

7. Default  
    Jeff,

See what you still have and drop me a PM. I can even pick up. I'll be in Wolverine Lake sometime in November.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

8. Default anyone using these this year? 
    anyone using the "audio spotlight" or HSS this year?

chime in!!

would be great if you could post a video of the room you have it in... love to see the application!!!!

dunno if the price has come down.
    prop controller, featuring 31 io and free software so u can program it with no code writing!! dual voltage feature also which means less power supplies.

www.thesiliconhorizon.com

9. Default  
    I spoke with holosonic and a few other companies this spring about the technology. I agree with Jeff that it is not where it needs to be yet. also the effective range is an issue for certain applications, the sound level cant really be amplified so the area you used it in would need to be really quiet or else the target will not hear it.
    To get a functioning system your looking at around $1600+ depending on the whistles you want.
    If Jeff is getting rid of a few for cheaper and you are interested in them then go that route.
    When I get my application functioning then I will buzz back on and fill you in, lots of tweaking left to do.

Thread Information