HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: Is Myspace really worth the extra effort ??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Definitely

10 55.56%
  • Not Sure - I did it because I was a sheep, havent given it much thought.

5 27.78%
  • Hell No - And Im thinking of taking it down !

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Myspace - Is it worth the effort ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default MySpace 
    We jumped onto the MySpace bandwagon last year. Had a robot program take us from 100 to 800 friends in one week. We were only inviting closely located friends to keep it local. The myspace zombies/police deleted us and we had to start over.

We opened several sites. One for the robot invites to work, but have held off that tack for now. The other two were for characters and the haunt.

Our friends are only 200 but we also ask our radio station partners to but bulletins out to their lists (1000-20,000 friends) for special items. The casting call gets immediate response. The web trafffic does pretty good.

Bottom line.
    Another tool of the many we use.
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Haunted Cave, Fort Wayne Indiana

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.facebook.com/hauntedcave

2. Default  
    One recent success story about Myspace is this lame sounding band of 3 musicians (they have clips on their Myspace page) travel the country with a Dodge van with a trailer wth the band kit in it.

So, they have a tour schedual posted and when in one town, they turn on the myspace page and invite everyone in the next town to their event with little regard for who might want to come. So, on short notice, with sucky music, they are still quarenteed to bring in 50 to 150 customers into a little club somewhere.

To a haunted event, 150 people is nothing to high five about. This might be just the right match for a home haunt or a haunt just starting out. Yet, only some percentage of the population is going to have a Myspace page, then only some percentage is going to think they will go anyhow even if your music sucks as others might be there to meet.

So, it isn't magic. But, it could be considered to be like a magazine havig subscribers built up over a great period of time. It also loses expected efficiency over time a the generally young ones are moving all around the country for school, work, and may still list their home town. So even though you have 6,000 Myspace friends, can you call any of them when you have car trouble?

Just go outside and sit by the side of the road for about 3 months and ask yourself, "how do I work this"

I never thought of this before, Maybe I should take my fat advertsing guy out there to sit with me and wait him out. After he goes though the diva phase, becomes dilerious and loses 30 pounds what will be his solution? Really, just people knowing who I am is going to cost $6,000? Do you know who I am now? Will you ever forget me? What are you going to tell the police?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Chrise View Post
    I never thought of this before, Maybe I should take my fat advertsing guy out there to sit with me and wait him out. After he goes though the diva phase, becomes dilerious and loses 30 pounds what will be his solution? Really, just people knowing who I am is going to cost $6,000? Do you know who I am now? Will you ever forget me? What are you going to tell the police?
    Greg: therapy.

4. Default  
    H E L L Y E A H.....lol
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Thread Information