HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How old is to old to go trick or treating???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    if your dead, your too old for trick or treating.

2. Default  
    I really don't understand people who give a hard time to older trick-or-treaters. If you're generous enough to participate in giving out treats on Halloween, why would you suddenly become a Halloween Scrooge by being mean to older trick-or-treaters?!? As long as they're in costume, and are being polite, what is the big problem?!? Especially when it's older teens... I mean, think of the other things they could be out doing (which I won't even list here), but instead they're choosing to participate in a happy, harmless community tradition. In what way is this an offense to someone?!? Are the extra 5 or 10 pieces of candy someone might give out to older trick-or-treaters over the course of the night really going to break the bank?? I just don't get it.

I also sympathize with a previous poster who wrote about his tall (but only 11 year old) daughter getting hassled. Having been over 6 foot tall while still in elementary school, I can totally relate. How do you know how old someone in a costume is, just because they're tall?! You don't.

I say if a trick-or-treater is in costume, and being polite, toss them some candy! If you're going to be cool by participating in giving out treats on Halloween, don't undo your coolness with ageism.
    Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 09-21-2009 at 12:32 PM.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorTent EX View Post
    I think 71 is the last year its normal to go at 72 you just look weird out there.
    LOL, that is just too darn funny! I'll agree with ya though.

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boni View Post
    When she got back out to the road and told me what happened I started up the driveway, all I got out was she's only 11 you old before my wife's fingernails caught up to my arm.
    That part is amusing, although I'm sure it didn't feel so good Sorry that your daughter had to go through that. People can be so ignorant... I'd be a bit irked, too.

I really don't think that anyone is ever too old to TOT if they so choose, as long as they are respectful.
    <a href=http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns target=_blank>http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns</a>
    http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
    Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

5. Default  
    I agree with everyone else, you can never be too old! Though I may skimp a bit on the candy if the costume is crappy or unoriginal. Or god forbid, street clothes!

If the person is older and has a good or original costume, Ill give them more than the little kids to be honest.
    "If I ever hear , "Boo", "Hiss", or "Roar", I will personally kick you in the pants."

Thread Information