HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: My old creepy house!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Exclamation My old creepy house! 
    31Halloween31 Guest
    My house was first built in 1950 - but it was not "house", it was an old small church for only 4 years... when they closed this small church and it turned out to be a little big house in 1955 when my grandfather bought this house! We still live here for long, long time!

Him and I live here in this old creepy house as right now... He sleeps upstairs and I sleep on the first floor in the smallest room nearby the garage and it was pretty cool and dark down there. So one night, a lady wouldn't stop crying. My grandfather was getting upset and waking me up to check everything around the house... I see nothing! I decided to sit up and watch tv and eat chips and drink... A few minutes later, I saw a lady in a white gown walk past the opening that leads to the kitchen, so I got up and go into the kitchen and say hi and no one was there! She looked like my great grandmother. The next day, when I talked to my grandfather about the situation last night, he laughed and said yes it was my great grandmother (my grandfather's mother). I believe that she was watching us and all over my house! Imagine that???

2. Default  
    Was she upset you ate up all the chips?
    Damon
    Damon Carson

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    ..and she had a dip right there to go with those chips too!

4. Default  
    I don't think I told this before, but when I rented my house to some college students, one day one of them said their girl friend had spent the night and said she had seen a ghost. I laughed, but asked for details. He said he had left to school in the morning and later, when she woke up to leave, she saw an old woman in a rocking chair, watching her with an angry expression on her face. She screamed and covered her face, then looked back and the image was gone. He asked me if there was anything that happened in the house that might have caused such a thing.

Well, not wanting to scare off a tenant, I said "no". But as I asked him for details about the old woman's description (out of curiousity), it sounded a lot like my mother. The fact is, my mother was very conservative and would not have approved of an unmarried girl spending the night, and she had died a number of years before in that very house.
    Last edited by monsterwax; 11-27-2008 at 12:10 AM.

5. Default  
    When I first opened my house for tours I did not tell the people coming through here that this house is haunted. This decision was made purely on the basis of survival on my part since I had about one dollar to my name and was starving to death.
    Eventually I re-thought this.
    What if some nervous, high-strung person came through here, saw the ghost of the Lady in White in the wine cellar, thought this was their personal "demon", flipped out, had to be commited for a few months under heavy medication. A totally unnecesarry and cruel thing to have happen to someone when possibly hundreds of people have seen this ghostly woman since 1925.
    I would not have felt good about myself if I had allowed such a thing to happen.

6. Default  
    Jim I thought thats what had happened to you. Ha Ha! You keeping your head above this snow???!!! I would love to come to your haunt on a cold snowy night that would really be creepy!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

7. Default Yes. 
    I could spend alot of time in just the front(first) room telling the ghost storys about this house.
    I enjoy telling them slowly, almost quietly, letting the reality sort of sink in, allowing them to ponder my words to the fullest.....
    For the ones who have yet to be here I have this point of information for you.
    Much of what goes on in the first room is done in the dark. Freeing the mind and imagination even more than most people are commonly used to having happen for them...anytime. I control this darkness, the verbal and the optic.

Even the doubters will begin to doubt themselves as I ramble on telling them of the actual events that have happened here to so many over the last 83 years.
    (Maybe the house had hauntings before 1925 but this would merely be pure conjecture.)

8. Default  
    What about Christmas time Jim has anything strange gone on at the Ravens Grin except maybe some catnip ending up in your stalking instead of Mr Tuxedos? Ever get any visits from ghosts of Christmas past or future?
    Damon
    Damon Carson

9. Default  
    This is a haunted house . I think some people bring their own ghosts here with them.
    It was a cold, lonely winter night when the pair of legs walked into my front room many years ago.
    No feet, no upper body, just legs wearing black jeans.
    Took two steps then vanished.
    This was after I heard the south door open and footsteps coming my way, I saw and heard the door open from that room and that is what I saw, that's what happend.
    I said, " O..... K.......? "

I am pretty sure it was still winter when the smoke alarm above my head in the living room went off as I was thinking about it, I immeadiately pointed my flashlight at it and screamed, "No!" and it shut off.
    No smoke, no fire.
    This was not the first time I interacted with mechaincal items on an intellectual plain.

10. Default  
    Well as long as those legs wiped there feet off at the door I guess it was alright huh??? LOL! I remember you telling that story about the pair of haunted drawers. Strange that only that would appear or manifest?! Maybe his white sheet was still in the laundry with Mr Tuxedos boots. Ha! Its really a wonder you get any sleep at night. I would think someone was always tryin to break in.! Ever catch any intruders or kids messing around after being gone? I know if I was a kid I would probably try to peer around and see what I could find. Big spooky house. All kinds of nifty yard decorations. LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information