HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: snappy comebacks

Hybrid View

1. Default snappy comebacks 
    I was wondering what are some good comebacks to say to those smart asses or just anyone who trys to talk to you?

2. Default Stay Focused 
    Don't break character... as in, "don't reply". Blow it off. All they want is to get a thrill out of starting stuff.
    Just my thoughts and it works well. It deflates their balloon in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrohaunt View Post
    I was wondering what are some good comebacks to say to those smart asses or just anyone who trys to talk to you?
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

3. Default We Wuz Buzzy! 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Comebacks galore! Too bad I forget what they were....
    My "Comebacks" sometimes become rather drawn out and convoluted, but people are laughing!
    Tonight a man confessed that he was shitting his pants as I scared him pretty thoroughly.
    Then I asked him if he was shiting his pants or maybe actually giving birth?
    He said it was going to be an anal birth.
    I asked him how it could be born because he was sitting on my couch?
    "Wouldn't the "baby"have to burrow it's way through the cushion and the springs if you keep sitting there?"
    Sure enough, the couch shot upward and the "baby" escaped into the basement after it's extreme and quick floorboard destruction.
    I then requested the two women sitting on either side of him to refrain from re-impregnating him for at least a few minutes longer!
    Earlier tonight as a group was just getting seated a guy was handling a prop of mine (I don't want handled) it was a silky old curtain I ocassionally use as a shroud, it was all balled up, I took it from him without being aggressive then tucked it between my knees , then did a spastic bunny-hop across the room as if it was a normal thing to be doing.
    I also experimented with various ways to say the same lines as I was seeing a new group every 15 minutes or so.
    I effected a rather comedic ring to loudly exclaiming one time:"This house was built in 1870, by a boatload of limping cross-eyes midgets with bad tools!"
    Of course up to "1870" in that dialog my voice is very normal in tone and volume then it goes nuts after that.

4. Default  
    What sort of character are you doing, and what's the atmosphere in your area like?

Little relevant things about your position can help you.

5. Default Question? 
    Would movie characters such as "Dr. Lector" or "Norman Bates" be scary if they didn't talk at all?
    Talking allows you more entry into another person's mind , which if words are chosen carefully can give you much more leverage to scare or entertain them.
    "Acting" can be just a look, or the body language but words complete what these other features of communication begin.
    Of course this all takes precious time....
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 11-10-2008 at 06:46 PM.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    What sort of character are you doing, and what's the atmosphere in your area like?

Little relevant things about your position can help you.
    Im suppose to be sliding at the entrance of the haunt, its like in a box shape and its outdoor. I believe im going to be like a texas outlaw. The haunt opens on the last week of October...i dont know why.

7. Default Are you ready to die??? 
    I use cute little phrases like " I want your blood all over me", "your blood is my wine" "your time will soon come" "are you ready to die"? "I will eat your entrails and bathe in the blood of your carcass".

If you say really weird creepy stuff, it usually shuts people up if you are shocking. and for possible trouble patrons i like to say " We are watching you, we are everywhere"
    Virginia's premier outdoor haunted attraction-
    www.wicked-woods.com

8. Default  
    well we are a UV haunt and I have contacts that make my eyes glow yellow under UV (and if they wear the 3d glasses they appear to pop out of my head a bit lol) any time I get a comment on my eyes i like to say "Thank you, they were my mothers....she didn't like me taking them from her."

...then we had a girl who...well heres how my room works...i get in their face very anthony hopkins like...all monotone and just freak um out...then my creature comes out and finishes um off....I had a girl totally freaked she was like as down on the ground as she could get even from me alone lol and when he came out she lost it...everyone else in the group was just laughing hysterically....I never broke eye contact with her and shes like "what do you want I'll do anything" And I just had this sick smile on my face and said..."The said thing is...(i get really close now and whisper so everyone can hear)...you havent even seen anything yet." THE GROUP GOES CRAZY!
    Last edited by Damien Warwick; 10-20-2008 at 04:49 PM.

9. Default Damien! 
    Reading your post had me feeling like I just met my acting brother!
    Dealing in creating anticipation and fear through subtle looks and expressions, voice inflections and timeing of those much anticpated weird words! YES!
    I have been told that some think I resemble Dr. Lector, I think I resemble Jim Warfield, a much scarier creature! (once they get to "No"! me!)
    Aren't compliments nice!
    This season I had people complimenting my house, as first time visitors, as they were leaving just the first room! (There is alot going on in that room for the ten or fifteen minutes they are in it.)
    Then I got to say that line about "You ain't seen nothing yet!"
    Then there is the classic simple line when the customer asks, "Where do I go?"
    "In your pants!"
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 11-10-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Thread Information