HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: What scares you most about clowns?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The General Insanity of them.

5 50.00%
  • Their overall creepy factor, i mean who likes a guy who wears grease paint in his spare time?

5 50.00%
  • Their Laughs

1 10.00%
  • They are TOO cheerfull...makes me think they have a secret...and not a good one!

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What scares you most about clowns?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
    I do that frequently. And believe it or not i read a thesis on fear by my uncle the other day. Who was writing it for his Phd in phsycology. He conducted an experiment with a child, a baby. I am not sure on the details as i read it within the month. Um yeah it turns out it is NOT genetic. The only fear that people have when they are born is fear of loud noises, and the dark. Which isnt essentially fear of the dark its fear of the unknown. They discovered that everything else is a "learned" fear. The learned fear was for many people Tim Curry in Stephen Kings IT. Also John Wayne Gacy helped contribute to this "learned" fear of clowns. People who are scared of spiders might have had a traumatic experience with one as a child. Usually its movies that teach people these fears, but knowing someone who is attacked by a snake or a wolf or something can creat a learned fear of these animals.
    But yeah thats my character, total split personality, was all cheerfull when i first met them (I am a rover so i always meet groups atleast twice...its a massive haunt) then the next time they see me "Oh its that cool clown..he aint scary!" then i turn on them in an instant. But i also agree with Jim and Allen that who needs to paint their face? They automatically can stir suspicion. But thanks for your post even though it is a little late!
    -Dr. G.

If it's a learned fear, what makes kids afraid of Santa Claus for the first time? The thought of a stranger holding them, gaining control? Hmm. Personally, I know I've distrusted clowns as long as I have memory. Fascinating!
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

2. Default Santa & Clowns 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Both obscure their facial features. ("Who is behind that paint or beard?)
    "Danger-Stranger?"
    I think people who afraid of spiders are that way because once they first see a spider walking they might subconsciously know they are snarter than humans...they must be, could your brain co-ordinate 8 legs?
    See?

3. Default  
    I must say i feel bad. Because honestly because of the clown maze section i belive we "teach" a lot of new people to be scared of clowns. Haha

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
    I must say i feel bad. Because honestly because of the clown maze section i belive we "teach" a lot of new people to be scared of clowns. Haha

And why shouldn't they be afraid of clowns? LOL
    Sarah Meier

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    Both obscure their facial features. ("Who is behind that paint or beard?)
    "Danger-Stranger?"
    Like Dr. G said, "Fear of the unknown"! Boo!

I think people who afraid of spiders are that way because once they first see a spider walking they might subconsciously know they are snarter than humans...they must be, could your brain co-ordinate 8 legs?
    See?
    I would gladly exchange some intelligence for a few more limbs to get things done!
    Sarah Meier

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunting Copy View Post

I would gladly exchange some intelligence for a few more limbs to get things done!
    Wish i could, but i gotta hold on to all the intelligence i can! But i suppose i could sacrifice some, gotta make room for those voices in mah head right? Hahah but yeah there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being afraid of clowns. But sometimes i think i should feel bad...but the truth is i really dont. Hahaha

7. Default  
    Dr. Giggles,
    Perhaps I can answer your question (at least from my perception). On Halloween, everyone dresses in character, whether it be a devil or zombie or witch or even a clown, so that's probably not that big of a deal. But clowns aren't just on Halloween. You could see a clown anytime of year at a circus, a parade, a festival, a county fair, a zoo, or wherever. THAT'S CREEPY TO ME. Questions emerge...Why disguise yourself? What are you trying to hide? Who's really behind all that paint? What's with the painted on smile? What's your REAL expression like...Could there be an evil grimace under all that paint? All these answers are left unanswered and unknown. People are afraid of the unknown.

Personally, clowns freak me out. Especially ones that don't talk, but maybe jut appear out of nowhere. There's something not right about that. Okay now I'm giving myself the heebee geebees.

Peace out,
    Patti
    Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
    www.HauntWorld.com
    www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
    www.FindHauntedHouses.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
    It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

8. Default Clowns, I dont see it? 
    Who could be scared of Chester??
    Attached Images

9. Default  
    Nothing scares me about clowns. As far as the Joker is concerned, the voice Heath Ledger did is never what I picture the Joker's voice to sound like or even how I picture the Joker to act.
    Jared Layman

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindtumor View Post
    Nothing scares me about clowns. As far as the Joker is concerned, the voice Heath Ledger did is never what I picture the Joker's voice to sound like or even how I picture the Joker to act.
    Did you have a more "classic" expectation?
    Sarah Meier

Thread Information