HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: What scares you most about clowns?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The General Insanity of them.

5 50.00%
  • Their overall creepy factor, i mean who likes a guy who wears grease paint in his spare time?

5 50.00%
  • Their Laughs

1 10.00%
  • They are TOO cheerfull...makes me think they have a secret...and not a good one!

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What scares you most about clowns?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Would it be to instense to have a baby on a noose? My cousin pitched the idea for a prop, for my clown character. But im not so sure.

2. Default  
    The clowns that scare me are the ones with the huge teeth. They just freak me out.

In my hayride that I'm doing next Halloween, we're having a clown scene that brings chainsaws into the picture. I think Clowns and chainsaws are an ultimate scare.
    Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
    Would it be to instense to have a baby on a noose? My cousin pitched the idea for a prop, for my clown character. But im not so sure.
    I think that depends on your location and how much patrons may complain (and whether the owners care if there are complaints). I've done acts involving dead babies/baby parts and some places are fine with it and other haunts consider it too taboo for their clientel.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

4. Default  
    Yeah, i had a bit where i said "They Took my baby! Have you seen my baby!? Course' you havnt i crushed its head with a brick!" a split personality phsyco. I got a few complaints but my boss said i could keep it because "I like the baby scare, so just watch it, if they are sensitive back of on the baby"
    Anyway, i agree on the cliche thing, if it didnt work out so well then they wouldnt be cliches.

5. Default  
    Doc,
    I think that unless you have a really realistic baby prop, then it will end up being a doll in a noose to the eyes of the public.
    Personally I stay away from babies, its to cheap of a scare to count, threatening mothers about babies is about as fun as threatening two year olds. Its hitting them where they are weakest.
    If you back up and look at the bit and line, there is not anything frightening about it. It does not threaten the people you are talking to it threatens you and things you hold (or should hold) dear. It also does not make you seem dangerous as you pick on babies, they all know they are tougher than babies. The effect you are going for is disgust, not doubt you achieve it, but there are stronger reactions to get from your limited time with them.
    This is just my opinion and it is not a criticism, just an observation. Had you not asked for advice on the prop I never would have given it.
    Allen H

6. Default  
    No i understand what your saying Allen and i appreciate it. But i am not yelling it at them. I murmer the last part, very subtle about it. Not sure how thats different, but i only did that character one night. Wasn't having to much fun with it.
    But you do make an excellent point, even if it is a criticism i appreciate it. It'l help me better my technique.
    Used to feel attacked by that sort of thing. But i figure, you have been around a while. And you have helpful things to say. So i reckon it will only benefit me if i listen.
    Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 04-23-2009 at 02:47 AM.

7. Default 21 yrs. ago 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    When I was searching for a wrecked, junk motorcycle for a display many people were offering me bikes instead.
    A "Bike" sort of says "Youngster" or "A Kid", whereas a motorcycle says "Adult-azzwhistle"!
    Think about it, even bikers who love their bike and ride often have no doubt had their problems with some other person on a motorcycle who was not being gracious or smart or safe.
    So the wrecked motorcycle went into the big dent on the passenger side of my 79 Ford Thunderchicken, complete with an adult (naturally) skeleton rider mashed in there too.
    Complete with the fiberglass replica WW2 German helmet with Maltesse crosses, holding his tach looking down at it , the bike's twisted-up mirror was actually used as my mirror on that side of the car.

8. Default what to do with clowns 
    Ok ,so what you all are saying is, don't do the normal clown as seen in some haunts take the clown to the next level. Make it taller and not in the traditional costume of a clown. What would you suggest that a modern haunt clown should look like? Clowns don't bother me but most posts here i think are right its the covering of your own identity for some other reason then good. I dont mean to high jack this thread if you have a problem with it i will start a new thread.
    The Tallman is coming... so be very afraid!
    http://www.hauntedvoid.com

9. Default  
    No problem with it, as it rather died out. I suppose the modern haunt clown is up to the person playing the clown. As we all portray the clowns differently, or give it their own personality. So we kind of need to take from that and give our character a costum that suits its personality. For mine as it has changed drastically over the season, i have red and white striped loose fitting pants. That come down to about my shins. The stripes are horizontal. I then have Shin high socks that are striped black and white, with combat boots. I have a bloody white tank top, that is not flattering. I also have some subdued colored suspenders, with a ringmasters jacket. Along with my little cap with the green ball on the end, and one juggling knife.
    Its a very dirty, almost gross costume. Because the way i play my clown, is very malicious, cruel, and crass. So i adapted the costume to fit that.

10. Default  
    lol, me in a tank top would make anyone afraid and run! I would be the more the quiet stalker type clown, my bother-in-law would most definitely be more like your version and he would love it. I hope i can get some more clowns to tell me what they do and look like at their huants.i really could use some ideas.
    The Tallman is coming... so be very afraid!
    http://www.hauntedvoid.com

Thread Information