HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Rocky Horror Licensing

1. Default Rocky Horror Licensing 
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    We've conducted a survey and the response has been overwhelmingly positive in regard to doing a Rocky Horror Picture Show event in conjunction with our haunt for Spring Break (SCREAM BREAK). Can anyone give me some direction as to who I need to contact to obtain the licensing and permission to play the movie for a paying audience? I've searched the Internet and all I've been able to come up with is licensing for schools or libraries. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kel

2. Default  
    I'll talk w/ a theater buddy of mine who does Rocky Horror every year. Not sure it will be the same peeps, but I'll see what I can do!

3. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Awesome! Thanks man!

Kel

4. Default  
    I just bought the 3-disc anniversary edition of Rocky Horror and Shock Treatment (anybody remember that one?) the other day. It's distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

www.foxhome.com

This is from there web site. It may not be the right place but it may be a starting point.

If Participant wishes to license any Fox Material, including but not limited to, Material contained in this site, please contact the Fox Clip Licensing Department at (310) 369-3605.
    Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

5. Default  
    You might also check with Swank Motion Pictures--they do licensing of films for non-theater exhibition.

www.swank.com

(Yes, I know it sounds like an "adult" site, but it's not.)

Not sure if they have Rocky Horror in their library, but it's worth a call.

6. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Thanks for the posts! I called the FOX number and the number is primarily for using mocie clips or stills. I did send an email to SWANK Motion Pictures a few days back and I'm waiting to hear from them. Their website gives the impression that they are primarily targeted at libraries and schools, but I'm hoping they can at least point me in the right direction. Thanks again!

Kel

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Hillary Swank hasn't made that many movies , has she?
    She does seem to die in them, though.

Thread Information