HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: Is your haunt making at least $250,000 per year after costs & expenses are deducted?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 16.19%
  • No

    88 83.81%

Thread: Is your haunt making over $250,000 per year?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77
  1. Default  
    #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Martinsburg, Ohio
    Posts
    244
    Believe it or not, I am still on the fence. No idea who will better suit me and mine. I can't help it, based on facts, both sides have their good and bad qualities. I fear for Obama's well being if he's elected. As closed minded and intolerant as most of this country is, he may not make it till January. Also, the fact that Sarah Palin could possibly become the president scares the shit out of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uptown Haunts View Post
    Higher taxes will generate more revenue on a government level but, what does it do for the business owner? For one thing, it increases their operating costs. How do they compensate for this increase? Higher prices, lower pay for employees, no more benefits for their employees, lay offs, outsourcing to other countries to remain competitive, etc. Anybody with an I.Q. of less than 7 can figure that out.
    This is what cracks me up! In the last 50 or so years, has there been a single presidential term, during which taxes and thus operating costs did not go up in some form or another? Has there been a single term during which product and service prices did not increase to compensate? Layoffs and outsourcing are happening NOW and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Someone somewhere was 'innovative' and 'revolutionary' in thinking "someone in the Philippines would probably do this job for PENNIES!" No law against it. Hell, they probably called it "The American Dream".

    Bottom line... taxes will ALWAYS increase. Businesses will ALWAYS be forced to look for new ways to increase profits and cut costs. I completely understand anyone who doesn't like it. I hate the fact that any American company would have to lay people off or outsource in order to counter an increase in operating costs. It's a pain in the ass, but it IS part of your "American Dream". To think that any one president could EVER change this fact, to me, is naive and lazy.
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!
     

  2. Default Finally! 
    #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eddington, Pa.
    Posts
    113
    I'd like to thank the last few respondents for taking the time to make mature, sensible comments in regard to their views, and mine, on this topic.
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

    Nightmare Village......
    "Follow the Bloody Brick Road"

    "Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

    "Whatever, whatever", "Whatnot", "Dah, dah, dah, dah"
    Larry Kirchner
     

  3. Default  
    #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by actiondeath View Post
    This is what cracks me up! In the last 50 or so years, has there been a single presidential term, during which taxes and thus operating costs did not go up in some form or another?
    1980. Ronald Reagan came in after Jimmy Carter, lowered taxes and kept them low for his entire term. That worked out pretty well as far as the government generating revenue, government actually generated the most revenue ever at the time.
     

  4. Default  
    #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by actiondeath View Post
    I fear for Obama's well being if he's elected. As closed minded and intolerant as most of this country is, he may not make it till January. Also, the fact that Sarah Palin could possibly become the president scares the shit out of me.

    Dear Action Death,

    I hear you loud and clear on this and actually considered both parts when making my decision. I promise I'm not going to tell you how to vote, but I will say that our President will always have the utmost security we offer, and no matter how determined the intolerant masses are, we can't let that affect our decisions or that's just bowing to intolerance.

    I will also say that if something were to happen to the President even with all of the security we have, and I certainly hope it never would, we have to consider who would take over as President because that's a reality. And the VP could take over if the President were to die because of completely unrelated issues, such as health, some freak accident, or any number of reasons which are probably more likely scenarios because of the extreme security surrounding the President.

    I just thought I would share more of my thoughts on the matter. I realize it's not an easy decision. I wish us all only the best!

    Haunted Phantom
     

  5. Default  
    #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    17
    Dear Jordan24,

    You may search the internet for more info on Reagan's tax increases, but he had two major ones that negated his big 1981 tax cut. You may read details of them at http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh060804.shtml and lots of other places online, but this one seems to sum up well how tax cuts are just covered in other ways.

    Haunted Phantom
     

  6. Default Where Does "Wealth" Come From? 
    #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Posts
    12,813
    In the American Dream it has usually involved finding a more militarilly backward country than your own and moving in to take the items of value, if they resit, kill them, sign worthless treaties, move them across a river with no food , let them starve, go to war in the spring and don't forget to kill all the women and children.
    Later huge oil/fuel gulping bombers were made to do the dirty work from very high altitudes, a cleaner method, removing the sight of horrid death from the vision of the highly trained pilots.
    The rich need more tax breaks so that money can be sent away to other workers working for pennys, that is where the jobs will be made, do those workers pay taxes to the US? No. We lose again. Good and smart move giving those wealthy people more money to" invest".
    Maybe Henry Ford #1 is to blame? He always had another supplier working just a little cheaper just a few more miles down the road to replace his present supplier if that guy got more greedy. Now that road goes to China and Bangladesh, soon to extend large open air workshops where starving Chimps wil be trained and tortured to operate machines for a mere banana (of questionable quality?)
     

  7. Default  
    #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedPhantom View Post
    Dear Uptown Haunts,

    However, I want you to understand the reason others are reacting so negatively to your posts, and therefore you think they are bashing you.

    Haunted Phantom
    I don't think there are that many "others" here. It looks like some joined just to post on this thread. Maybe Larry can look into that.

    I also disagree with the concept of The American Dream as some have described it here. "Dream" sounds way too easy, and shame on those of you who say that the people on the bottom have no shot at it. Just gets lots of sleep and you will eventually get everything you want? In reality, you better set goals and work hard towards them, not just at your job to pay your bills. Dreaming isn't going to get it done, and calling it The American "Dream" has evidently led millions to believe that it's easier than it is.
     

  8. Default I have a Dream 
    #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eddington, Pa.
    Posts
    113
    Martin Luther King had a dream.....
    Think about it.
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

    Nightmare Village......
    "Follow the Bloody Brick Road"

    "Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

    "Whatever, whatever", "Whatnot", "Dah, dah, dah, dah"
    Larry Kirchner
     

  9. Default  
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Uptown Haunts View Post
    I'd like to thank the last few respondents for taking the time to make mature, sensible comments in regard to their views, and mine, on this topic.
    Pot...calling...kettle...black...
    If you don't think that my responses were mature and sensible, then I think you need a mirror with which to take a good look at yourself, a band-aid for your boo-boo, and if necessary perhaps I could also call for a wahhmbulance.
    I speak bluntly and will always refuse to tip-toe around issues. I will also refuse to apologize for that. This does not mean I am attacking you. My BELIEF is that people who share your views on taxes/wealth/etc. are selfish and money-hungry. I did not say "you're a selfish prick and should go fuck yourself," I simply stated that I was taught that refusing to help those in need is, in fact, selfish. I understand now that you claim to donate to charities and that is a righteous thing to do. Are you a selfish person? I don't know, probably not. Are your views on taxes selfish? Absolutely.
    It is my right to respond to anything you say or do, just as it is your right to respond to anything I or anyone else says or does. I think now is a good time to emphasize that you also have the right to walk away, so the fact that you continued to respond nullifies any whining (yes, whining - isn't choice of words a fun game?) you may feel entitled to. If the conversation was too "immature" or for you (which I find hard to believe), then perhaps you should have avoided name-calling in the first place, and then you should have just left it alone. Something tells me you're not really offended so much by my tone, could it be you realize I'm right and a majority of the country now agrees with me? Hmmm...
    I fired back against your offensive comments with a tone of arrogance and anger, because you have to fight fire with fire. You set the tone of the argument with comments like oral office, osama obama, etc. Further, I never ONCE stooped to the level of name-calling you or your candidate of choice, a feat which you failed to manage at multiple stops along the way.
    So...who's the immature one? I'm lost.
     

  10. Default No apology necessary 
    #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eddington, Pa.
    Posts
    113
    I've never refused help to anyone who needed it and probably never will unless I am unable to do so. I don't believe my views on taxes is selfish at all. Based on my business practices, more money for the company means more money available that can be spent on my employees, charities, etc. I didn't know that was such a selfish thing. Remember, I started working at $2.10/hr compared to your $7.15/hr regardless of the time frame.

    Rather than "cherry pick" my words like the Left Wing media, you may want to read all of them and see that I also pointed out that there are already numerous programs available to those who need help in various ways. I also stated that I needed this assistance at one time in my life so, yes, I was one of those people you always whine about but I turned down the food stamps. All I took was the medical card which covered 100% of all medical bills if necessary. Was I being selfish? If so, wouldn't that make others in the position you speak of selfish? Giving nothing or almost nothing and expecting something in return.

    With Osama Obama's tax plan, he will pull more working capital out of the economy. Where does it go? Will Osama Obama share it with you? With me? With others around the country? I found out today that Osama Obama asked his supporters to continue contributing to his campaign fund. The election's over. Who is being selfish now? Since you seem to be the expert and claim to be "right", could you explain this whole thing to me and the rest of the Haunt World community? I'd really appreciate that.

    If you find my comments offensive, I won't apologize and you really need to grow up. Your choice of words doesn't seem to be too "flowery" either. I'm neither angry nor arrogant. Just voicing my opinions based on experience. Remember, I've been dealing with Dumb-O-Crats bashing me, due to my accidental relationship to my political parents, since 1964. I didn't choose this path but it still continues today. Should I just sit back and say nothing? If so, could you demonstrate by example? I highly doubt it.
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

    Nightmare Village......
    "Follow the Bloody Brick Road"

    "Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

    "Whatever, whatever", "Whatnot", "Dah, dah, dah, dah"
    Larry Kirchner
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •