HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: How many chainsaws do you end up buying each Haunt season?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3

23 56.10%
  • 4-6

7 17.07%
  • 7-10

0 0%
  • 10-15

1 2.44%
  • More than 15

1 2.44%
  • None we don't use Chainsaws

9 21.95%

Thread: How Many Chainsaws do you buy on Average Each Season?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default On the way to the Stihl dealer! 
    Guess I better go buy another chain saw! I figured my trusty old Husqvarna would be enough, but after reading this - I think I'll go buy a Stihl!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

2. Default  
    Just for the record we are up to about 15 and counting!!! Larry

3. Default  
    I'm SO HAPPY to see that somewhere out there are haunters who use Stihl and Echo, attach toothless chains, and keep backup saws and replacement parts on hand. Too often I've visited or worked for a haunt that grabs the cheapest Poulan or Homelite they can find the night before opening and do nothing to age it, darken it, dirty it, or cover logos. Then they expect to have it to use as a real saw the rest of the year. %#+*%!?\!+?#!! That's so wrong! I hate seeing that.
    Hope everyone has a good, loud, buzzing, screaming season!

4. Default Faux chainsaw bar 
    A chainsaw thread needs to have this attached.
    You have chainsaws, we have faux chainsaw bars that makes the chainsaws a little more aggressive looking and add a little safety factor since it is a heavy weight foam. The faux blades are a couple inches shorter than in this photo.
    They will fit any 20" chainsaw.
    Attached Images

5. Default two saws...still runnuing 
    Have a Stihl. Also have an electric that we hook up so it sparks on a fence. The saw cuts firewood all winter as well for 2 houses on farm and several customers.

Walking through pathway they know the cahinsaw is close by. We drop a clown in front of them "Pick a card!" like the clown is going to do a card trick. lets their guard down ......then the ole Stihl starts up just behind them.

Wicked Farmer

6. Default Ravens Grin Chainsaws 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I have one "chainsaw" that I made from latex it is very small and this is the one I scare people with using mere words, anticipation, acting and an empty Stihl carry case in the room.
    I have a very large, antique 1948 "Mall" two-man chainsaw that came with handle bars, so I built a trike under it, a large trike. And this is a display piece all painted pretty Red. If any of you want to do such a project you will have to build the entire frame very strong and figure out how to proportion it so it will stand on it's own.
    I do own an actual Stihl. I use it here for trimming trees and taking care of limbs when they fall but it's not my favorite tool because my Wife can usually start it when I can't!
    Most of the Ravens Grin is indoors, we are open every night of the year and many of our customers are actually "Tourists" or the mere curious, often brining small children here, so an actual , running chainsaw has little to no place here 99% of the time.

Thread Information